Looking Pinout for Channel 1 and 2 from Controller to Display LOX7 DSP

OrangeClockwerk

Looking Pinout for Channel 1 and 2 from Controller to Display LOX7 DSP

Post by OrangeClockwerk »

Hey there guys!

Sorry if this is already in a post, I will scroll through after I post this to see if I can find it. So I am proficient with custom power supply cables from modding computers, I cut my cables to size, sleeve the individual cables and repin them and install the connectors. Since the display uses molex minifit junior connectors, the same as a ATX power supply from a PC, I figured I would cut my cables down to size and repin them. I wanted to make sure I have the correct pinout, I believe I copied the cables correctly but I want to double check. My display wont power on and I saw some wires pull from the pins being they are so small, I am repining the connectors now but wanted to see if there is a diagram showing the pinout for these channel one and channel 2 cables so I can double check my work. Thanks in advance!

Jim
OrangeClockwerk

Re: Looking Pinout for Channel 1 and 2 from Controller to Display LOX7 DSP

Well my display is working and my pinout was correct, one of my wires was backed out of the pin, it fired right up! I now have my entire machine wired and built! Going to fill my chiller now!
OrangeClockwerk

I am having a new issue, and none of this is making sense to me.

When i first built the XY stage, I tested it. X and Y motion went how I wanted it. The display worked great, connected to laserCAD excellent over ethernet with no issues.

Now I have my machine totally built and im hooking up the electonics in the permanent orientation and the Y axis down arrow and up arrow on the controller both go in the negative direction, towards the front of the machine. I dont even know how this is possibly. I literally check all my wires about 6 times now. Its wired exactly correct. MY X axis works correctly in both directions.

Also I cannot connect LaserCAD to the machine now. It cant communicate.

I am unsure what can cause this issue, any suggestions?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Always read the manual and read the "FAQ" before working on the project
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2571

Marco
OrangeClockwerk

Tech_Marco wrote:Always read the manual and read the "FAQ" before working on the project
viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2571

Marco
Okay I had a network error, I am now connected to lasercad.

This directional bug is not a hookup issue or installation issue and no help can be found in the manual (that I have seen)

After trouble shooting, this is not a setting issue like key direction for example. Regardless of direction setting the Y DIR out of my controller is always 5v high, that is why it keeps going in the same direction when I press the both direction arrows, the issue is the same when controlling both from LaserCAD and the controller on the machine. I ran both my motor drivers through Y-axis out, and same results. I ran both motors through X-axis out and both drivers and both motors behave properly. Both my motors are fine, both my drivers are fine. The Yaxis DIR has been determined to be the issue. Is there a setting I am missing? I do not see this in the manual or FAQ. Thanks for your time.

This is odd because this was not an issue a last week during my initial setup and testing. Could my LOX7 controller have gone bad somehow? Or is there a setting that keeps DIR out stuck at 5v high?
OrangeClockwerk

Is there a way to get a pin out for channel 1 and channel 2 and also is there a way to make the U axis perform as my Y axis so I can continue testing and fire up the laser?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I know it is not hook up issue or installation issue, but I'm thinking that it is a 'setting' issue.
Also forget about the PIN1 or PIN2 layout. I never seem one related.

Before claiming a bad card (extremely odd in real case), do the following:
1) Open LaserCad or RayCam (new name)
2) Click Options
3) System options
4) Manufacturers Parameters
5) Click 'Read'
6) Change the 'Key direction' opposite to what it was set. Negative to Positive, or Positive to Negative
7) Click 'Save'
8) Press RESET on control panel (a must do it)

Do all above and then write back to me

Marco
OrangeClockwerk

Marco,

I tried that, no change, the Y axis DIR is still 5v and the up and down arrows still move the y axis negative toward 0. My problem is not that the arrows move the axis in the opposite direction, its that the arrows both move the axis in the same direction, down arrow should move the Y to zero and it does, but the up arrow also does.

On my X-axis, when I hit the left arrow on the controller, the laser head goes left as it should, and when i hit right it goes right. When I hook up my Y-axis motor and driver to the X axis controller it moves both directions as it should so it tells me the X-axis is behaving properly and that all my motors and motor drives are correct. Narrowing it down to the DIR pin on the controller Y-axis. For some reason regardless of the arrow key you press, on the controller, or in laserCAD, the Y-axis only will move in one direction which is negative toward 0.

When you put the meter on X-axis DIR on the controller, one arrow sends 5v(high), the opposite arrow sends like .5v (low), Meter on the Y-axis, DIR pin stays at 5v (high) when pressing either arrow up or down.

Hopefully I explained it well enough. I can film a video on my phone to show my setup and explain a little better and share it on the forum from Youtube if you would like.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You may try to swap the motor driver see if it make any changes. Make sure the DIR and PUL wire is not reversed on the Y axis motor driVer

Marco
OrangeClockwerk

Tech_Marco wrote:You may try to swap the motor driver see if it make any changes. Make sure the DIR and PUL wire is not reversed on the Y axis motor driVer

Marco
Swapped the drivers, thats how i dialed it into the issue down to the Y-DIR our of the controller. When i plug in the X Motor and Driver into the Y on the controller the X-axis exhibits the same issues as the Y was.

Basically the opposite of the test I did when I plugged the Y motor and Driver into the X and it worked properly.

By doing this it crossed the motors and drives off the list of being bad and pointed all signs toward an issue with the Y-DIR out of the controller.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

If it still not working, then I think you should request a RMA to return the unit for you shooting

Marco
OrangeClockwerk

Alright Marco Ill give you guys a call tomorrow morning when you open, maybe we can discuss quick troubleshooting, if no avail ill grab an RMA number and send it back tomorrow.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I think you have done enough and I didn't see any other things I can do besides asking you to return it for diagnostic.

Without being able to run a few tests on the controller, I don't think we can help much by the phone because you've already checked wires, parameters setup, and swapping drivers.

So, just request a RMA and let us take care that

Marco
OrangeClockwerk

Marco! I found the problem, im so happy! It was the only possibly thing i could think other than a bad board, which i knew it worked so something had to be wrong. My controller cables must have had a wire issue when i shortened them, I remade a new set of controller cables and boom it was working! it was a last ditch effort but im now fully functional! The machine moves in all the right direction, homes to the correct corner, limits work and all i have to do is calibrate steps on the motors.

Once my machine is all working properly I will get my work logs up which will be basically a work work instruction on how the build, detailed descriptions on how to wire, and calibrate a 1200x900, 100w kit.
bsm2003

Post by bsm2003 »

Options->system Settings->Manufacturer Settings-> Max Power. Dial that down till it just barely fires.

Return to “DSP X7”