"Engrave Beyond Size!"

bsm2003

"Engrave Beyond Size!"

Post by bsm2003 »

I Purchased the LO-X7 controller approximately 3 weeks ago. It seems to work perfectly except on occasion I am getting an error "Engrave Beyond Size!" and it stops mid way through engraving. The table size is 500mm X 300mm. The size of the engraving is around 50mm sq. Here is a video of it in action and stopping with the error. https://youtu.be/s-Hp4PggGng

Thanks
Brian
dooglek

Re: "Engrave Beyond Size!"

Post by dooglek »

I finally finished the install on the awc608 and got my mirrors aligned, and I'm running into the same thing...
However it won't let me cut anything, not matter how small.
Even if i continue when it says "Beyond size, Continue?"
I proceed and the axis move for a sec then go back to origin.

Any know whats going on?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please review this
viewforum.php?f=75
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please review this
viewforum.php?f=75
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Remember that before you do anything, you must find the 'UM' value to let the machine to run in smooth and in correct stepping. If UM is not right, the movement will not be in scale. For example, if you're trying to test a 100mm x 100mm square box in the middle of the bed center, it may actually running at 300mm x 3000mm if the 'um' is not properly setup. That's one of the reason you may have 'Beyond size..' error.

If you have review the FAQ, I emphasis that you need to do a couple things to avoid the error:
1) Page and Machine zero match the HOME zero location; Top Left, Top Right, Bottom Left, Bottom Right
2) Position Relatives zero match the HOME zero
3) Leave about 1" margin space from each side bother when placing an object for work
4) If you're running high speed engraving, it need more traveling distance to accelerate and decelerate the motion.

Remember that the 'Box' feature to test the work frame is set to 200mm/s by default. It may not show you the 'Beyond size..' error even though it tested goo. If you set the actual working speed much higher say 600 or 800mm/s, guess what, you may get the Beyond size error 'cause it need more room to speed up!

Marco
Cam Mayor

Post by Cam Mayor »

Draw a box beside it, you don't have to check it off to cut or engrave it but you have to give your machine enough room to ramp up to your engraving speed.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2615

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=2615#p16014

Return to “DSP X7”