Y Axis problem after : X7-160625L1.UG5

Spleen

Y Axis problem after : X7-160625L1.UG5

Post by Spleen »

Marco,

I updated the firmware on both of my LO-X7 lasers yesterday. One of them is fine, but the other has a settings problem with the Y axis. It no longer saves the data. I sent the video of it this morning to your support email, and someone replied saying it was "strange". I'll start a thread here because I have new information and I think it would be useful to get to the bottom of it.

1) downgrading to an older firmware (I have two older vers from 2015) doesn't fix it! the problem stays with any firmware now! It somehow will not save the Y axis UM values no matter what.

2) In my video, I showed how loading the shift-stop settings and exiting out would magically fix it. Today I learned I can also fix it in LaserCad by "read"ing the settings on the manufacturer parameters page then "save"ing them again. This makes the Y axis behave normally again, but it goes back to being broken if I restart or turn off/on.

If you have not seen the video let me know and I can link it here. If there is some kind of "hard" reset I can do to wipe everything I might try that.

Aaron
Spleen

Re: Y Axis problem after : X7-160625L1.UG5

Post by Spleen »

Marco is there any way to wipe the thing entirely clean? Or some way that it could start saving my UM values again?? This is a big problem as I have to do this procedure every time someone turns the laser off or on.
BenJackson

Post by BenJackson »

Out of curiosity, what is your Y value for um/step? I just got an E5 and it won't save values < 1 (see my other post, only affects my Z).
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It depends what microstepping you set on the driver.
For most mid size laser machine with 2:1 reduction gear, the um we used around 6.3
For the K40, if is either 12.x or 6.x depends whether is 1600 or 3200 microstepping is used. I suggest 3200 to 5000 for laser

Marco
Spleen

Post by Spleen »

Both my X and Y values are the same (6.3ish) but only the Y value is acting strange.

I guess I shouldnt say the value isnt saved, because its there every time I look. It just isnt used or something.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/421 ... EO0573.mp4

Any ideas?? This is really killing me lately. I would try to wipe the thing and redo the settings/firmware if I knew how.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I really don't think the patch could caused any issue like that because we applied the same patch to all our machines, from small 960 to 25140. I didn't hear any complain from my customers having the same issue. We tested our machines with the new patch and nothing happened similar to your case. Either it was a setting issue or an hardware (machine) issue that I can think of that at this time. You may want to check the 'Polarity' of the limit switch. It can be set to Positive or Negative. Did you or did your staff change it by any chance? If you reversed polarity of the limit switch, it will disable the limit function and collision is expected to happen!!

Also, check the limit switch whether is it functioning or being installed properly. You always install the limit switch a little bit far from the actual limit to avoid 'missing fire' that could lead to collision. I will always allow at least 2mm spacing.

Marco
stratrascal

Post by stratrascal »

I think I figured this problem out. At least it worked for me. I had the same problem except for my problem was on the X axis. After the upgrade it had enabled the rotary option. I think it was reading that parameter on initialization. Check to see if you have that option enabled. I'll betcha that's the ticket. Let me know if it does the trick for you.
stratrascal

Post by stratrascal »

By the way. I was going insane because I was resetting after changing the values in the "Distance Per Pulse" so I could not get it to work at all. Your video showed me how to at least make it work. So, thanks for that. It got me going in the right direction. I got some tech support from SinJoe where I got the controller and I couldn't even make him understand the problem. I linked your video and of course he is in China so it was blocked. I sent it to him over Skype but it took about an hour to download so I don't know if he watched it yet. But that video saved my sanity THANKS!!!
Spleen

Post by Spleen »

Yes! This was the problem!

Great teamwork!

Return to “DSP X7”