Limit Sensor

jpeppersack

Limit Sensor

Post by jpeppersack »

I have recently upgraded to the X7 from a Leetro 6525 and am having a rough time figuring out the limit sensors. I have been looking through other posts regarding it but cant quite figure it out.
I have swapped wires around but nothing seems to work. I did find that I needed to connect 24v power from the PSU and that at least turned the limit light on when it gets to the end but it doesn't stop. The wierd problem I noticed is that when I was messing with the X axis it at one point made the Y axis limit work. I am at a loss at this point and would appreciate any help I can get.

Here is the sensor I have
Limit sensor an04-n.JPG
Limit sensor an04-n.JPG (122.75 KiB) Viewed 1519 times
I have also been having trouble with machine knowing where zero is and actual distance traveled (the current location is never where it says it is) I am assuming that is caused by not having proper limit sensor?
I do have the UM set correctly and scaling is spot on.

So far the upgrade to the X7 is far better than what I had and LaserCad is far better to deal with than LaserCut. Highly recommend it to anyone who has anything less.

This is the last thing that I have to figure out and again any help would be greatly appreciated.
Techgraphix

Re: Limit Sensor

Post by Techgraphix »

I guess that this limitswitch (proximitysensor) has three wires, and probably brown, blue and black, right?
Blue is your GND-wire, Brown must be connected to the +24V and Black is the output, which should be connected to the limitswitch input of the controller.
Think of a corner where you want your homepoint to be. for instance right-top.
Place the head somewhere in the middle and see it it moves to the right corner when you turn on the machine. If not, you have to change settings..
You only need two sensors normaly, both in the corner wher your homepoint is. And maybe another for auto-focus..
Kees
jpeppersack

Re: Limit Sensor

Post by jpeppersack »

You knew the one! That's exactly what I was missing, thought I tried all the configs with the wires but I guess not. My ignorance was killing me lol. Works like it should now thank you very much Kees.

Return to “DSP X7”