LaserCAD unresponsive

AaronDreher

LaserCAD unresponsive

Post by AaronDreher »

yesterday LaserCad closed a few times unexpectedly, however i managed to re open and run jobs. today laserCAD is unresponsive . I import a image, try to rotate 90 and it freezes. I did have a critical windows 8.1 update run last night, i did a system restore, didn't work, i uninstalled LaserCAD and reinstalled but still have the same issue.... anyone else have issues or know a solution? thanks
Techgraphix

Re: LaserCAD unresponsive

Post by Techgraphix »

I have had similar effects with some other (legal) software. I tried to do the same but temporary stopped my virusscanner and then it worked fine. So i had to make a few exceptions in my virusscanner to have them working again.
It can be a dll for instance that is in the blacklist.
Sometimes, when you remove a program from your computer, you might also check the registry if alle keys and data are gone too..

Kees
AaronDreher

Post by AaronDreher »

I went to laserCAD properties / compatibility / recomended settings, and it seems to have fixed it, I can import a image and rotate it with out the program freezing and saying not responding. I'll report back if the problem isn't fixed. Fingers crossed. Thanks
AaronDreher

Post by AaronDreher »

Ok so LaserCAD works fine and then freezes and is non responsive still, also will close unexpectedly once in a while. I do the same process, right click the shortcut, troubleshoot compatibility, recommended settings / test it / to test it I import a image try to rotate 90 degrees, if it doesn't freeze we are good. Other wise it freezes and I have to open the task manger to close it. I keep going with the troubleshot compatibility until it works, usually 3 times is the max. I save the settings but still freezes every day. This is the only program I use that does this. I run mach3, art cam, silhouette, laserdrw3 , ccs5, . I working with win8.1, reluctant to upgrade to 10 but thinking about trying it to see if it will fix this...any help would be appreciated, and I'll report back if I get her fixed. Thanks
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You may try enable this option : "Run this program as an administrator" by right click of the LaserCad and click the "Compatibility" tag
I ran LaserCad on all Windows: XP, Win8, Win7, Win10 and I seldom encountered the problem that you may have

Marco
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Have you tried it on another computer too?
Kees

Return to “DSP X7”