LaserCAD v7.78B bug under Windows 10

ReactiveLight

LaserCAD v7.78B bug under Windows 10

Post by ReactiveLight »

A few things to pass along to the LaserCAD programmer:

When running under Win 10, every time I start LaserCAD only the left half of the Control Panel is visible--the right half is "outside" the program window. This is true whether the program is running full screen or in a smaller window. I can drag the left side of the Control Panel to move it over so that it's completely visible, but it's annoying to have to do this every time I start the program. On my Win 7 computer, this problem does not exist.

Also under Win 10 (but not 7), the tool icons on the left side of the window are extremely small--it's hard to even see them, let alone click on them.

And, under both Win 7 and 10, the status bar at the bottom of the LaserCAD window is sized incorrectly--the bottoms of the 'g' and 'j' in 'LightObject' are cut off.

I wish my new laptop (bought to use with my new LO1290) was running Windows 7 rather than 10, but unfortunately that's not an option these days. So, I hope that LaserCAD can be updated to work well with Win 10.
Tech_Marco

Re: LaserCAD v7.78B bug under Windows 10

Post by Tech_Marco »

I don't see it happened on my Win10 with LaserCad 7.78. It always open in full screen with all tools visible.
May be you have resolution setup issue. Only Lightobject, the "g" and "j" being cut off a little but it is really no biggies

Marco
ReactiveLight

Post by ReactiveLight »

I thought it might be a resolution issue, because my laptop (Dell Inspiron 15) has a "4K" (3840x2048) screen resolution which is still a bit unusual. However, when I switch the screen to standard HD (1920x1080), the problem stays exactly the same. It also has the same problem if I connect an external monitor to the laptop's HDMI port. I don't have problems with any other software, so I think LaserCAD isn't yet handling windows correctly under Win 10.

The problem could be alleviated if LaserCAD remembered window settings between run sessions.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'm using 1680x1050 here
als

Post by als »

ReactiveLight wrote:A few things to pass along to the LaserCAD programmer:

When running under Win 10, every time I start LaserCAD only the left half of the Control Panel is visible--the right half is "outside" the program window. This is true whether the program is running full screen or in a smaller window. I can drag the left side of the Control Panel to move it over so that it's completely visible, but it's annoying to have to do this every time I start the program. On my Win 7 computer, this problem does not exist.

Also under Win 10 (but not 7), the tool icons on the left side of the window are extremely small--it's hard to even see them, let alone click on them.

And, under both Win 7 and 10, the status bar at the bottom of the LaserCAD window is sized incorrectly--the bottoms of the 'g' and 'j' in 'LightObject' are cut off.

I wish my new laptop (bought to use with my new LO1290) was running Windows 7 rather than 10, but unfortunately that's not an option these days. So, I hope that LaserCAD can be updated to work well with Win 10.
Surface Book? I just checked on my old Windows 10 laptop and it works right, but it does NOT on my higher resolution Surface Book. Very disappointing. This is the first application I've found that I use regularly that does not work right on Windows 10.

FWIW, you can resize the control panel area. There is a faint line you can grab to resize that part, but I've not found any workarounds for the way-too-tiny icons or the missing content on the bottom of the screen.

I hope they will fix this -- I don't have time to produce another LaserCAD fix.
nd595

Post by nd595 »

Exactly the same happening here - my laptop is Dell XPS13, and I experience the same - it is only half of the controls panel visible when you start LaserCAD. Is there any way to fix that and not manually move the divider each time?
Dean315

Post by Dean315 »

Has this been fixed? With the win 10 free period coming to an end soon I'm considering the upgrade but don't want to do it if there will be problems with LaserCad.

Thanks,
Dean
ReactiveLight

Post by ReactiveLight »

Dean315 wrote:Has this been fixed? With the win 10 free period coming to an end soon I'm considering the upgrade but don't want to do it if there will be problems with LaserCad.
Still doesn't work on my Win 10 laptop, so I've set up an old Win 7 desktop PC just to run LaserCAD--it works fine on that.

Return to “DSP X7”