Having problems with X7

Debo

Having problems with X7

Post by Debo »

Well I am lost. I don't ask for help lightly and have exhausted all the time and patience I have with my machine. So I am going to let the experts have a try at fixing my problem.

I installed the DSP X7, stepper drivers, 24v power supply in my K40. Very easy installation and I worked through all of the kinks to have a nice tidy package when I finished. In initially adjusting the parameters, it just took one evening to have everything in the normal operation (x,y,z but not rotary yet) including test cuts with the laser and it worked great. Then I reinstalled to add the Corel Plugin as directed from the message board. Ever since I did that, I have not been able to get the X-axis to stay stable. Y and Z axis work great. I use the Um calculator and it cut a perfect 100mmx100mm box. Then I reset and somehow it erased those settings. Now it says the same um readings (I have input them 15 to 20 times) but only cuts a 20mm x 100mm box. When I move the X all the way to the right it only moves about 4 inches yet when I press "read current positions" it says 300mm for the X. I have managed to get it to cut 100x100 several times by re-running the calculator, putting in the value: around 1.2um. Which makes it crash the rails. I put in the original um setting and it works perfectly until I hit reset and then back to the same problem.

Below are my settings. I have tried fixing it with USB and also Udisk. Both do the same thing upon reset.

Any ideas from the big brains?

Cheers,

Debo
Attachments
settings4.jpg
settings3.jpg
settings2.jpg
settings1.jpg
Debo

Re: Having problems with X7

Post by Debo »

Got it figured out. 8-)