Using E5 DSP controller for Diode Laser

wmgeorge

Using E5 DSP controller for Diode Laser

Post by wmgeorge »

I already have a nice working laser but would like to build up a 4 or 5 watt diode laser. Can the E5 be used for that? The diode setup I am thinking about could us a PWM signal or other output from the controller. I would rather not mess with Mach 3, breakout boards and the like If I can use this controller. I would get the frame kit, stepper drivers and etc from LO.
Tech_Marco

Re: Using E5 DSP controller for Diode Laser

Post by Tech_Marco »

E5 is almost identical to X7 except that E5 had no colorLESs, Ethernet connection,, and is limited to 3 axial which is very common. Other than that, you can treat the E5 as a baby version of X7

I will use E5 for our new developing small laser machine that is ready to launch on July! The price is just $3495. The working area is 500x300 with high speed design. I will post more info on another thread soon.

Marco
wmgeorge

Post by wmgeorge »

Tech_Marco wrote:E5 is almost identical to X7 except that E5 had no colorLESs, Ethernet connection,, and is limited to 3 axial which is very common. Other than that, you can treat the E5 as a baby version of X7

I will use E5 for our new developing small laser machine that is ready to launch on July! The price is just $3495. The working area is 500x300 with high speed design. I will post more info on another thread soon.

Marco
But it does support rotary like I purchased the small one sized for K40? I will plan to build up a diode laser based on the E5, J Techphonics (sp) laser module 3.8 watt, and control for it. Will also use the small X-Y frame kit you sell and stepper drives. It will take a while but want something very portable. Speed is not a factor!
If you could post documentation for the E5 It will let me confirm connections. Thanks again.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You swap Y for rotary. Just like the X7. Later, we will set U axis for rotary the X7. That make X7 more unique
We are working on the E5 manual

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”