"Read data failure" Error in AutoCAD 09

db4jazz

"Read data failure" Error in AutoCAD 09

Post by db4jazz »

Keep getting "Read data failure" every time I attempt to open the Laser Running Menu in AutoCAD 2009, the Laser Settings menu opens with no problems. Any ideas?

Second problem: Any solid/filled text in Corel 12 turns to just outline when opened in Laser Running so all of my text engrave as an outline only.

Any help would be appreciated, I cant seem to get this controller and software working no mater what I do.
twehr

Re: "Read data failure" Error in AutoCAD 09

Post by twehr »

db4jazz wrote:Keep getting "Read data failure" every time I attempt to open the Laser Running Menu in AutoCAD 2009, the Laser Settings menu opens with no problems. Any ideas?

Second problem: Any solid/filled text in Corel 12 turns to just outline when opened in Laser Running so all of my text engrave as an outline only.

Any help would be appreciated, I cant seem to get this controller and software working no mater what I do.

Read Data Failure = Likely that you have the wrong com port set. Mine defaulted to port 4 but the installation was on port 3. Change the port (located just beneath the display of the image in the output window, I think.)

Outline vs Filled = To have the vector object "filled" for output, you need to change the settings for that object to "Laser Scan". The scanning is what fills the object, otherwise it is just outlined.

Note: to get different objects to show up as individual items in the output window, you need to have the outline for the objects be different colors.

Hope this helps!
db4jazz

Post by db4jazz »

Tim,
Thank you for the info, you are probably correct I just wish the LaserCut main menu would run but the error happens the instant that you click on the Laser Running button and never opens the laser main menu so I am unbable to check the com-port

As for the hollow text issue I changed the Processing Mode to "Laser Scan" and the text still reverts back to hollow as soon as you open the laserCut menu.

Thanks anyway,
Doug
twehr

Post by twehr »

db4jazz wrote:Tim,
Thank you for the info, you are probably correct I just wish the LaserCut main menu would run but the error happens the instant that you click on the Laser Running button and never opens the laser main menu so I am unbable to check the com-port

As for the hollow text issue I changed the Processing Mode to "Laser Scan" and the text still reverts back to hollow as soon as you open the laserCut menu.
Doug,

Guess I misunderstood your questions.

If you cannot get to the main LaserCut menu and are getting the "Can't Read" message, it means their is a problem with the connection from the computer to the controller. Try following three things and test in between:
  • 1. Unplug and replug the USB cable between computer and controller.
    2. Reboot computer (with controller OFF). After reboot, turn on controller and try again.
    3. Reinstall the USB driver. (Unplug USB cable. Uninstall from MyComputer->Manage->Devides - can't remember whether it is under Ports or USB, then plug in USB cable, with controller turned on, and it will ask to reinstall).
As for the outline vs filled - I also misunderstood what you were saying. I believe that only happens on Text, and yes, it will continue to do that. You can try changing your text to Artistic and see if that fixes it. I haven't tried and am not at that laser right now.

Let me know how if any of this helps.

Return to “DSP X7”