Network connection does not work/corel plugin does not work

typomaniac

Network connection does not work/corel plugin does not work

Post by typomaniac »

Hey,

i have been using my laser for some time now and designing with Illustrator and exporting it to Lasercad worked
good for me. Now this is a little bit time consuming so i wanted to proceed. I tried connecting the dsp
to a network cable but it did not really work. The connection is made through a switch which goes to the router. I
then try to access the laser via network. I can control things like moving the x and y axis but when it comes to
downloading data (or even reading system configuration) the connection is always interruptet. I use the Firmware from Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:53 pm and Lasercad 7.7.8. If network worked this would be really great because i would not need the additional computer which is assigned to the laser at the moment.

Furthermore i wanted to improve the workflow with the corel plugin. I bought an older version of corel (x5) which is installed on windows 7 and windows vista (no difference). After installing the plugin and pressing the button for transferring the data to lasercad everything i see is Run-time error -2147220991 Unknown error. Can you please help?

thanks
tm
Techgraphix

Re: Network connection does not work/corel plugin does not w

Post by Techgraphix »

Is your IP in range? Can you connect the laser direct to your router (ie disgard the extra switch?)

I'm not familiar with transfering Corel to Lasercad. From Corel, I always export bitmaps and vectors (DXF) to a map and from there i import them in LaserCad arrange them there, set the speeds and power and send them to the laser over my network.. Works flawless!

Kees
typomaniac

Post by typomaniac »

Yes it is in the same range. Unfortunately i cannot make a direct connection. From a manual from elswhere i learned that you can connect the dsp to a wifi router and then make a connection from your computer to the router. Sounds a little bit overdone. I would give it a try if i knew it worked but the dsp already taught me that not everything works as it should ;-) I use the same workflow like you described but i do engraving pretty often and it would be much easier if i could change the same document over and over again and just send it to lasercad. Lasercad itself does not offer any option on editing text so it is always > Illustrator > Convert to paths > Ungroup > Export DXF > Import > Change settings. This is not comfortable if you do it often. The best way would be if i could edit text in lasercad or if the plugin worked.

thanks again,

tm
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

Wifi and machines is not a combination you should want... I have seen that more than often..
A dedicated computer without screenblankers, virusscanners, background tasks etc etc.. and separated from the internet hardwired to your machines give you the best reliability..

Kees

Return to “DSP X7”