Distorted engraving when position relative bottom right

typomaniac

Distorted engraving when position relative bottom right

Post by typomaniac »

Hey,

there is a strange Issue with my laser which works with the x7 from lightobject. I tried to engrave some type which works pretty good as long as i start (position relative) from anywhere but not from bottom right. Please take a look at the attached picture. You can see the distorted letter »e« and »n« on the right side of the lower engraving. The upper engraving is the same data (a little more power but that does not make a difference) but the engraving started from the upper right corner (the result is the same when i start from the left). Are there any ideas for better settings? This is pretty annoying and .. expensive because i do not know if this is also the case with other engravings and where to start them.

thanks a lot,
tm
engraving.jpg
typomaniac

Re: Distorted engraving when position relative bottom right

Post by typomaniac »

no idea?
SWMS

Re: Distorted engraving when position relative bottom right

Post by SWMS »

Check your beam in all four corners and get a best fit. The only thing I can think of is it is off the further you are away from the source. When I originally bought a laser cutter the guy said just make sure it's aligned bottom right and the rest will take care of itself. How wrong he was! So it's really important :)

Return to “DSP X7”