Installed the R5 dsp- cannot connect to computer

GeneMpls

Installed the R5 dsp- cannot connect to computer

Post by GeneMpls »

I have tried different USB ports and also hooking up the CAT6 cable (altho I am not so familiar with the setup on that) and different computers with Win7 32&64 bit and WinXP. Kinda running out of ideas. I see the USB to Serial connection in Devise manager on all the different computers. Anyone? Thanks Gene
GeneMpls

Re: Installed the R5 dsp- cannot connect to computer

Post by GeneMpls »

OK- after 4 hours I have liftoff. Found the answer in the thread below with a link to LOworks V8.01.11 - The LO R5 will not connect with RDworks V8. I hope this may help the next user.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3069
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

Current problem is the laser fires all the time. I have triple checked the wiring and it matches the 6442 manual (the laser power supply even has the same letters on the terminals as are in the Ruida schematic- how often does that happen?) I will have to call on Monday for support. Thanks Gene
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

GeneMpls wrote:Current problem is the laser fires all the time. I have triple checked the wiring and it matches the 6442 manual (the laser power supply even has the same letters on the terminals as are in the Ruida schematic- how often does that happen?) I will have to call on Monday for support. Thanks Gene
I will be calling support today about the laser firing problem- not sure if it might be a software setting or a hardware problem. In any case here is a wiring schematic for support to refer to when I call:
Switch leetro- RD and wiring etc.jpg
jhuangupp

Post by jhuangupp »

You should have connection from WP to GND for water protection before the laser will fire. You don't even have that wired up and the laser is firing. It seems your LPSU have problem.
GeneMpls

Post by GeneMpls »

jhuangupp wrote:You should have connection from WP to GND for water protection before the laser will fire. You don't even have that wired up and the laser is firing. It seems your LPSU have problem.
On this machine the chiller is wired to the Laser Power Supply directly- not to the DSP. And like I said the machine works fine with the Leetro DSP wired like this. And shouldn't the laser
not fire then? The LPS is a HY-W150 and it is wired as below:
HY- W150 LPS.jpg
I found the problem while setting up this email- a loose wire. Thank you Sir. Gene

Return to “DSP X7”