lasercad corel plugin don`t show-up in corel after install

bluewave65

lasercad corel plugin don`t show-up in corel after install

Post by bluewave65 »

hi,

i got a problem with that plugin from topic ....

SYstem : windows 7 - 64bit
lasercad : 7.78b
corel : X7 - 64bit

After manual install to folder : c:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7\
no lasercad icon in corel ....... ( no other path lasercad install program allowing )

Lasercad install all that files and dirs in : c:\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7\Programs64\ - Is that correct ???

What can i do with that problem ?
Thanks for all kind of help ......
SWMS

Re: lasercad corel plugin don`t show-up in corel after insta

Post by SWMS »

I managed to take the macros from a 32 bit version of Windows and manually patch them into Corel 64 bit. I am not sure how Marco would feel about me posting those macro files though.
dcrump70

Post by dcrump70 »

Bkuewave65, to these guys on this forum, this is all old-hat stuff... they have been in this stuff since 2000. They are not very interested in helping people like us that are just now getting into these lasers. But, you are in luck because I just figured out this very same issue last night... I found the answer on another forum. Once you have the plug-in loaded (using the LaserCad setup), launch CorelDraw, open a new document or an existing one, goto Tools, Macros, Run Macros, select the AWCCorel.gms from the dropdown list, and click run. Your button will appear at the top left in its own box. If your toolbar is locked, unlock it and move the button where you want. The question is, what to do after that!!! I have not been able to print directly from CorelDraw like the sales team at LightObject.com told me. I can only export to LaserCad and print from there. But that is not what I want. If anyone would care to elaborate, we would be most appreciative!!!

Good luck!!

Derek
bluewave65

Post by bluewave65 »

Thanks for showing me directions ..... but as you can see i can`t run manually any macro ...... is it some wrong setting in corel maybe ? ( i`m not a corel expert )

Is that macro written in VBA ?

Because it look like a i got a problem with VBA ...... maybe you too ?

dave
Attachments
macro.jpg
macro.jpg (67.15 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Its Tools > Macros> Macromanager> Load > Browse to the gms file as described You will need to put it in the toolbar and assign an icon to it.. but I can't remember how to do that at the moment.

Pm Marco and ask if its ok if someone posts the macro file if you don't have it and I'll send it to you.

In other news I have been on here two years or more, I am still learning about how laser cutters work, and if I can be of any help I will.
Last edited by SWMS on Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
bluewave65

Post by bluewave65 »

It was a problem with VBA installation :( !

Already solved ...... thanks ......... to all ....
dcrump70

Post by dcrump70 »

Glad you figured it out Bluewave.... now, if someone can elaborate on the use... that would be great. So far, I found that if you design in Corel you cannot print directly to the K40 like some higher end machines. I specifically asked LightObject sales if their upgrade gave me that ability and they said yes, it does. All I seem to be able to do is transfer the image to LaserCad then upload it to the controller, then start the job... seems like too many steps.

Return to “DSP X7”