Questions about the R5 DSP

GeneMpls

Questions about the R5 DSP

Post by GeneMpls »

Hi Marco- I think I spoke to you yesterday about an R5 dsp. I have a 1300x900 130watt co2 machine imported from China that had a Leetro 6585 card that runs Lasercut 6.1 which I do not like.
I wanted to replace it with a Ruida 6442 which you said was very similar to your R5 dsp. I downloaded the R5 manual and it appears that the LED readout panel is different from the Ruida 6442-
is that anything I should be concerned about? Also in reading the comparison of your three dsp you mentioned that you do not get the support from Ruida that you do from the other company-
I assume that does not mean you do not do what you can to support your customer? My main focus is to use RDworks V8 as it is most similar to the vector sign programs that I have used for
20+ years. Thank you Gene
Tech_Marco

Re: Questions about the R5 DSP

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Gene:

Actually you're talking to one of staff name Jian because I was in Canada yesterday :)
The support from RD is considered much less when compare to the QC (AWC608 and X7). I think it is because they (RD) are bigger, like Leetro so support is not easy to get a hold with their tech support. I need to talk to the boss each time I have a question.

I do whatever I know or whatever I can do through test in my shop to support customer who purchased R5. I may stop carrying the R5 because I see that X7 seems much easy to use and performance wise it has nothing to lose to the R5. I want to dedicate my support to AWC608,X7, and the E5.

Thank you

Marco
GeneMpls

Re: Questions about the R5 DSP

Post by GeneMpls »

I just received the DSP and have the manual and have it installed, but cannot get it to connect with my computer. Do I need a code to download LOworks- and is it different from RDworks V8.01.16? Order Number: 208704

Return to “DSP X7”