Seamless rotary - no scaling

electronrancher

Seamless rotary - no scaling

Post by electronrancher »

I am having trouble getting what I want from the rotary setting. I make seamless engravings around an entire cylinder, and the rotary autoscaling doesn't really work well for that - it is very difficult to get the engraving to be seamless, usually there is a tiny gap which is very visible.

On my old controller (XT-XEON/Corellaser), you could enable rotary but not autoscaling. This worked great, I could simply make a drawing roughly the circumference of the object and by extending the engraving off the bottom of the page it was easy to get a seamless engraving around the whole thing. If I have to autoscale, I must draw a picture that is chopped to meet up at the top and bottom, which gives very little room for error.

Is there a way to enable the rotary (different pulses per revolution than the Y-axis) but NOT to use autoscaling? I am able to measure diameter to less than 0.1mm, but still - if there is any error in this measurement the autoscaling results in a slight overcut or undercut, which is quite ugly in the final product.

Return to “DSP X7”