Out of Bounds / Scaling Issue AWC608

Tech_Marco

Re: Out of Bounds / Scaling Issue AWC608

Post by Tech_Marco »

First: is the limit switch installed at the Bottom Left corner?? The limit switch setting you have now is "Left Down" which means bottom left. By looking at the pictures you posted, I can see that the limit switch is either on Top Left or Top Right. That's was my first question to you on my first reply.

Marco
pourcirm

Post by pourcirm »

The limit switches are on the gantry, but they are triggered in the Bottom Left when you stand in front of the laser. So those settings and the wiring are correct (0,0) is bottom left of the photo I provided before.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Draw a simple box and place it on each corner (1" away from the border line) see which corner it works. You may also place the square to the center and give it a try. I really don't know what is an issue beside wrong setting or wrong 'um' being used. Clear all images stored in the DSP and do it again.

Marco
pourcirm

Post by pourcirm »

OK so nothing I've done is working and I'm not sure if the problem is coming across clear to anyone looking through these posts. I made the below video to show and explain the problem, hopefully it helps with identifying a solution. All of my settings have already been posted and I'm using those same settings in this video. Marco from what you've pointed out it seems like you're not seeing any specifically incorrect settings. The fact that when I manually control the laser it moves the exact distance expected and knows exactly what the boundary is and knows where it's located in the bed space have me lost on this one. It seems like it's a software issue, but if I'm the only one having it I don't know why.

https://youtu.be/Sa2_OQDZjuQ
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

What is the "Position Relative" setting?
It look like that it is the cause

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need to set the Position Relative to "Bottom Left"
Is it correct setting now?

Marco
Attachments
PositionRelative.jpg
pourcirm

Post by pourcirm »

The relative position was already correct for the bottom left corner. That's not the cause of the issue in the video.
DonL

Post by DonL »

Check your origin settings.... See my post on How to set Origins viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3002 . If the origin is set to the current laser head position and you are not at 0,0 this can occure. There is only one origin setting that matches your screen to the table layout where no matter where your head is, it will place objects on the table based on the screen layout.... (Set Machine Zero as Origin)

Let me know if this was it :P :)
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It seems very odd and I don't think I can tell what is the caused without testing the card physically.
Please contact our sales guys and request a RMA# to return the card for us to run diagnostic on it

But before doing so, I want you to do one more try:
1) Save your hardware information like 'um', range, speed... (export it)
2) Uninstall the LaserCad
3) Delete the LaserCad folder
4) Reinstall LaserCad and driver

5) Delete all files on the DSP controller card.
6) Run firmware update if necessary
7) Draw a box in the center and test it
8) Draw more box on the page and test it

Remember that you need to set Page zero, Machine zero, Position relative to "Bottom Left" to match physical home location. Remember to Press "Reset" on the LCD to reboot the card to take new parameters in effect.

If it still not doing the job right, something must be wrong

Marco
pourcirm

Post by pourcirm »

DonL was in fact correct. The Origin settings on the DSP were not set correctly. It was basing off of an arbitrary point on the laser bed and not 0,0 when it started cutting. Changing it to machine zero as origin seems to have solved the issue, not the file with three squares runs at the appropriate size and location. No more out of bounds messages.

Thanks Don and Marco for all the troubleshooting help!
DonL

Post by DonL »

pourcirm wrote:DonL was in fact correct. The Origin settings on the DSP were not set correctly. It was basing off of an arbitrary point on the laser bed and not 0,0 when it started cutting. Changing it to machine zero as origin seems to have solved the issue, not the file with three squares runs at the appropriate size and location. No more out of bounds messages.

Thanks Don and Marco for all the troubleshooting help!
:mrgreen: Glad to help...

I don't use Machine Zero as Origin because it is too much of a pain to line things up to the laser bed and when engraving at high speed I keep getting out of bounds errors unless I move the objects away from the edge so I have to line the material to the laser bed and the graphics to the work area, I have a laser red dot so I just make sure things are square and will fit on my substrate and I plop the item in the laser and move the red dot to the top left corner (I use left Up) and I use Box to make sure it will fit and is centered then burn. Does not matter where the drawing is on LaserCAD the start point is where my laser head is when I press start... This method I prefer.

For cutting, using the Machine Zero as Origin may be preferred, lets you lay out on LaserCAD exactly where you want the cuts in relation to machine zero and as long as your material is lines up on machine zero, it will be perfect every time.

I am glad that I was able to assist. The old controller I had was machine zero as origin only and when I went to the LO-X7 it confused the heck out of me for weeks, Could not understand why engraving was way off from where it was supposed to be in my mind.... then I figured it out, The origin was not where I thought it was... Like How Far is Cincinatti? Well that all depends on where you start :) and so I wrote the article on Origins.

Return to “DSP X7”