X7 Water Protect

renesis

X7 Water Protect

Post by renesis »

Hi everyone,

I have a strange issue that I'm hoping someone can help me out with.

I am finally getting around to wiring up the X7 that I purchased last July, and have motion and limits now working. I want to get the Water Protect feature working as I like that it would pause the job and display the warning on the LCD.

I've enabled Water Protect (to "OPEN") for Laser1 in the hidden menu, and wired a jumper from "WP" to "GND" to test it, but whether the jumper is connected or left open, the display shows the water protect error when I try to run a job.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Techgraphix

Re: X7 Water Protect

Post by Techgraphix »

You have to set the waterprotect directly in the controller.. Open the controllers setting menu by press and hold STOP, then press SHIFT ( while holding STOP)
This wil open this menu. The second option is Laser-settings. In there you will find the waterprotect. Set Waterprotect 1 to "Open"

That will do it..

Kees
renesis

Post by renesis »

Hi Kees,

Thanks for the reply! I did perform those steps previously, in the hidden menu (Shift + Stop) as I came across some previous topics first. However, that still didn't do it. The Water Protect Error still shows...

Thanks,
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

There are two "WP" protection, one per Output. Once you enabled the Water Protection on the DSP, even though you use Power Output1 only, you still need to ground the WP on Power Output2
Give it a try

Marco
renesis

Post by renesis »

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the advice! Unfortunately, it didn't work either...

I put a jumper from WP to GND on Laser 1 and Laser 2. In the Shift+Stop menu, I tried the following:

1. Only Laser 1 Water Protect "open", all others closed
2. Only Laser 2 Water Protect "open", all others closed
3. Both Laser 1 and 2 Water Protect "open" all others closed

All three scenarios show the "Water Protect!" error when attempting to start the job. I verified with a multi-meter that both WP pins are at 0V with the jumpers in place, (and have a floating voltage ~11v when disconnected).

I suppose I can just connect the flow sensor to the LPSU, but would be nicer to have it on the DSP if anyone has any other thoughts or suggestions.

Thanks,

Edit:

Just wanted to add, I just tried updating the DSP to the lastest patch (1-28-2016), and no change in the issue, same water protect issue.

Return to “DSP X7”