Initialisation string for large Gantry Laser table

baccus61

Initialisation string for large Gantry Laser table

Post by baccus61 »

Hi Guys,

I've attached my Initialization string, in ZIP format, for my gantry laser table so that it might just make it a little bit easier for others to get their lasers set up.

My table has :-

An RF 30 watt Universal laser attached on the RH side.
Limit switches at the top RH side for Y axis and LH side for X axis (still having a bit of bother with zeroing this but it works for me).
Table size of 52" x 34" x 9" (I know, it's imperial)

Copy the INI strings to your Desktop (or other suitable place where you won't forget where it is)

You then need to set up your drawing program and open a file (anything will do but use a small one for convenience) and press the laser process button on the Menu bar to open the laser interface

*** One thing I have noticed with Corel Draw X4 is that the DSP doesn't like a file with guide lines in it. Just delete them if you used them and your file will process correctly. ***

Then you go to the "Machine" tab (the one in the middle) and click on "Read"
This makes the controller interface available to you for reading and writing.

On the left at the bottom click on "Open" and navigate to the INI string you copied to the Desktop and double click on it to open it or load it to your screen.
This should then have loaded all the parameters into the interface.

Then press "Write" to send the parameters to the DSP and use gxfc88 as the password if it asks for it.
If you make any changes to the motion control settings you will need to put in the password to set the changes. All other setting will be saved without re-typing in the password.

That's it!

With any luck you should have it setup pretty close for what you need.

Read the posts on this forum for some good info on setting up things as they will make you aware of what has to be done for some important settings and error messages. Some good ones are :-

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=277
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=260
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=291
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=304

You will need to change :-

* Pulses per mm for all your axis. (use the "Manual" tab on the top right of the interface to tune each axis in once its close. Use small increments at first like 20mm)
* Where your limit switches are
* What type of laser tube you have whether Glass or RF.
* Table sizes etc.

The rotary attachment needs to be set up by calculating the circumference of the object you are engraving. My job was 2.75" in diameter so I multiplied that by Pi and set the table size in my drawing program to suit. I got an error the first time so I set it a little bigger which didn't make much difference to the job I was doing but it wasn't size critical. You will need to do that yourself if you have the need.

If I have left anything out or just completely stuffed up then let me know. I am still learning myself and have a way to go to get things right but the information here should get you up and running with a bit of a stagger. :-)

regards
Rich.
Attachments
INI strings.zip
(527 Bytes) Downloaded 121 times
twehr

Re: Initialisation string for large Gantry Laser table

Post by twehr »

Rich,

We appreciate your thoughtfulness by posting these as starters for others. It would be better if they were posted in the CO2 Laser Discussion area as, strictly speaking, this is not a tech support issue. We are trying to keep the two areas separate. As helpful as I know your files are, they just "fit" better in the other area.

Thanks, again, for helping us all.

tim
baccus61

Re: Initialisation string for large Gantry Laser table

Post by baccus61 »

My Bad Tim.
I will copy this over to that section.

I get carried away posting sometimes and forgot there was another section.
Maybe you should call it "Laser Tech support" so others will know what it's for at a glance. :-)

Rich.

Return to “DSP X7”