Rotational > dimensions wrong after x7 firmware upgrade

typomaniac

Rotational > dimensions wrong after x7 firmware upgrade

Post by typomaniac »

Hey,

i recently upgraded my x7 to the latest firmware. Today i wanted to use my rotational adapter and it did not work as expected. The dimensions of my lasered object are totally wrong. According to my screenshots i used
Rotate axis con (um): 3.750
Step per rotate: 1000
Current diameter: 200
before

which worked fine. Rotate axis was a bit of guesswork since my calculation said something else but this worked.
Now i just cannot find any usable values. What can i do? I recognized, that the values i entered in lasercad (like steps / rotate and diameter) are not the same as in the laser even if i change them. Is there a bug ?

thank you for helping,

tm
typomaniac

Re: Rotational > dimensions wrong after x7 firmware upgrade

Post by typomaniac »

Hey,

the problem is still there. There is something i do not understand. I had the Step per rotate on 1000 before and changed the Rotate axis values according to the tool with expected and actual length. This was everything i did with the rotational engraver before i did the firmware upgrade. Now after the upgrade nothing changes at all if i alter the values on Rotate Axis. I played around with values in the Step/rotate option and increased it to 16.000. Now the engravings themself (at least with my testobject) work but on the dsp display they are distorted (which is not the way they were displayed before). There must be something wrong and i do not understand what happened to the system.

thanks

tm

Return to “DSP X7”