LO-R5 Issues

enphecktor

LO-R5 Issues

Post by enphecktor »

I bought 2 of these to try on some new machines. While I plan to keep using them I think they are a big down grade from the x7. The english translation for the settings is much harder to follow.

However one of the 2 that we bought will not accept changes to the X axis steps. No mater what numbers we put in the motors do not move any different. When we plug the X motors in the Y axis port it all works fine. And I took the other L0-R5 and put it in the machine and it works just fine. So just this one R5 does not want to accept changes to the X axis steps.

Does anyone have any thoughts or is this just a bad unit??

Thanks
enphecktor

Re: LO-R5 Issues

Post by enphecktor »

It has been a while and no response to my issue. I had to order another one to replace the faulty one because I had no advise from light object. Now the 3rd one has issue. We have the x7 units and have had very little issues. The 3rd R5 we bought has screen issues. It runs the program fine but just puts lines all over the screen when it runs. Any Ideas on this problem? I have now spent almost 1500.00$ on these and only have 1 fully working unit.

Thanks,
Larry
Attachments
IMG_20160208_105054.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Larry

Please supply more information when asking for help.I really can't help much if I don't know what are you doing. A screen of the lines seems mystery to me. I never seem any issue befoe except a couple lines left behind after job was done due to electricity glitch. So, you got to tell me what kind of file was used and what kind of machine you're running. The R5 seems a little more sensitive to electromagnetic interference per Xiao , the owner of Ruda.

Can you post your files so that I can give it a try

Marco
enphecktor

Post by enphecktor »

Any File created in LO works. It does it if you make a simple square or a complex engraving makes no difference. We changed out the screen and the same issue. It does not matter weather you import or create with in LO works it outputs garbled lines. We can load the same exact files on the other unit over the network connection and they work fine.

The machine with the garbled lines runs fine it just has lines in the screen. I changed the screen and it was no help. Giving you the file is not going to help you. It will show up fine as it does on our other unit and you will have no issues with the file that's why I gave you the picture. We have done extensive testing and like I said in previous post this is the 3rd one we have had issues with. The X7's have been running for years without any of these issues on the same machines. We have only had these running a few months.

I have 2 defective R5 units.

Return to “DSP X7”