LO-R5 no manual, no connection diagram! Disappointed!!

purloiner

LO-R5 no manual, no connection diagram! Disappointed!!

Post by purloiner »

So the "new product" LO-R5 I ordered arrived on Friday afternoon and I was excited to get it installed and working.

However, there was no manual or connection diagram included in the package!

Searching via the forum is useless because "R5" is too short and is ignored by the search.

I paid good money for something that I can't use right now. I am very disappointed!!

My suggestion is to stay clear of this product until there's sufficient support for it!!!
purloiner

Re: LO-R5 no manual, no connection diagram! Disappointed!!

Post by purloiner »

After spending hours going through the forum, I found something

I'm adding the links here, because they don't appear when you use the search...

LaserWork V8.1:
download/software/dsp/LOWorksV8Setup8.01.11.rar

LOWorks manual:
download/manual/RDCAM_V8.0_User_Manual.pdf

DSP card Manual:
download/manual/User_Manual_RDC644XG_V1.2.pdf
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sorry for the late post. I did have the manual and connection diagram but I was thinking to rewrite the manual for better reading. However, due to the busy schedule I was totally forgetting that issue. Thank you for the post and I just uploaded the 'original' manual received from Ruda. There are a lot of "Chingish" but you should be able to figure out what do they mean. If not, ask me and I'll give it a try. To be honest, I spent more time on AWC608, X7, and the latest DSP card design from Anywell (Mr. Li). I didn't spend too much time on t he R5. One of the reason is that I got slower response from Ruda for tech support.

Regards,
Marco
Harley

Post by Harley »

I'm in the same boat you are my friend.. No support on the R5. I am upgrading from the KiHUiYU STUfiO Labs board. All we need is the pin out to the controller of the R5. Which wire goes where? I'm sitting here wondering what I do now with this 600 dollar controller I just bought. It would be so easy for someone who has already converted to take a picture of the old board and draw a line from each pin and say where it goes. I'm NOT an electronic wizard by any means but if I ever get it figure out, rest assured "I" will defiantly draw it up to help out someone in need. I'm NOT getting it here in this forum for sure..

The picture shows what board I'm upgrading from if some one could just draw a line from each pin to the corresponding pin on the R% it would be so easy..

The manual YOU posted my friend is the only support I've found to date on the R% so I sincerely thank you for that!!
Attachments
board1.gif
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

The main purpose of R5 or X7 DSP is a replacement the board on your machine; Moshui or KiHUiYU or whatever. Why would you care the connection pin from your old board? To upgrade your machine, you need to get two motor drivers to work with the R5 (or X7). You can NOT keep your old board at all!

The manual shows the standard connection diagram of the R5 and it is very similar to other DSP controller board. We're not in a position to sort out pins from your machine. First of all, it is not necessary; second it is out of scope of selling a controller board with its connection setup. If you're no good on electronics, it is challenging to do the upgrade yourself. You need to find someone who knows to assist you to take care electronics parts

Marco
Harley

Post by Harley »

All I'm saying is, since so many people do this particular upgrade, it would be a heck of a lot easier to know exactly which wire off of that board was the +5 off of the I CAN"T X and Y Axis and which should be joined together on the new controller to make the switch over easier! I know I can't use the OLD board! And the power connector shows the voltages off of it. But what one off the X and Y axsis is the +5? And which two need to be joined together to connect on the new controller?? Easy for you? I guess it is. But that's why the "rest" of us need to search the forums to find someone who has been through this and will actually help someone.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'm sorry but you lost me. I have no idea what you're trying to say. What +5V?

We have step by step procedure for the upgrade of the K40 using AWC608. We provide block diagram and connection diagram. If you can't follow the schematic and do the connection, I guess you should seek help from someone who does know how to read the diagram to assist you to do the upgrade job. So far, I'll say that over 95% folks could finish the job by using our support forum and the connection diagram we provide (some provide by our customers). In my memory, I couldn't count more than 3 folks who return the board for not being able to complete the job and asked for refund. We sold over thousands the DSP controller board. So, you do the math. When you said the "rest", can you tell by how many?

Remember that fun from doing DIY is not only from the time you complete the project. The fun also is coming from the troubleshooting. For example, when playing a puzzle game, we enjoy the moment of finding each 'missing' piece. If not, why not just buy a 10 pieces puzzle which is easy to complete but choosing 3000 pieces one? What joy it would to you if it only take an hour to finish a DIY laser. How much do you lean without going through the learning curve. If you don't want the frustration, I think you should go for a retail machine without the need to read diagram. Less headache.

Marco
Harley

Post by Harley »

But the wrong piece in this puzzle can cost you money.... what I'm saying is, I'm getting some of the schematic, I got the power to the new controller, the +24 and Grnd. For the stepper motors for the X Y Axsis, does the new controller supply the +5 volts from within it to supply the step motors? I get the "hunt and conquer" game I do thoroughly that. But I don't want to fry anything... Do I have to purchase new step motors? Or can I use the old ones? Off of my power supply there is +5 and +24 volts.. do I not need these other wires? (the +5 and other ground?) It's answers like that, that I need.. Or do I have to feed those +5 lines somewhere else to the controller? I took your first reply back to me as sarcastic.. I really hope that wasn't the case. I just need a few answers.
Harley

Post by Harley »

On the power supply in my unit there isn't a 36v output. Is that reduced from 110 directly to the motor controllers? Yes I am going to be a pest with questions. I have 15 free minutes of telephone time with the controller. Is it you Marco that I will be talking to??
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

That's why you need to find help because you have no idea what you purchased. I don't think you know what you purchased.
The old board of yours is a control board with motor driver built in. That's why you keep saying 5V....
To do upgrade with our DSP board, you got to have two stepping motor drivers. The DSP board do NOT drive a motor direct!!!
You did get our connection diagram, don't you? If you don't understand it that mean you can't finish the the upgrade by yourselves alone.

All your question were answered from the connection diagram. From the diagram, it show motor drivers, DSP controller, DC power supply, Laser power supply, Laser tube and.... It is completed.

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Harley wrote:On the power supply in my unit there isn't a 36v output. Is that reduced from 110 directly to the motor controllers? Yes I am going to be a pest with questions. I have 15 free minutes of telephone time with the controller. Is it you Marco that I will be talking to??
I'm sorry and not being offensive, if you can't even understand what is the 36V doing for the system, I'm afraid that you won't be able to finish this project. Unless you can get help from your friend or any tech person in your area, I'm willing to take your items back for refund. I don't want you to get frustrated and we don't want to hold the phone for hrs of telling you this or that (unless you buy the Pay phone support). But even you had pay phone support, it won't be fun to talk hrs by the phone and trying to get it done. It wont be easy to you and it won't be easy on us either.

Marco
Harley

Post by Harley »

Well... I thought forums were for "help". Sorry to bother you. I will move on and find someone who will give support.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes, the forum is helping. As I mentioned earlier, you got to have basic electronics skill in order to work on the project. You don't have to have a degree but you should have some common sens on electronics. No offensive.

You are welcome to post your question here. Beside me, other folks may help.

Marco
Harley

Post by Harley »

Ok. I get more of it now. You mention stepping motor drivers? They do not come with this controller correct? I will have to purchase them separately?
Harley

Post by Harley »

So what model stepper drivers do you suggest to go with this paricular controller?

Return to “DSP X7”