LaserCut to LaserCAD

christyoates

LaserCut to LaserCAD

Post by christyoates »

I just upgraded my control card to the AWC-608 and LaserCAD. I was using LaserCut, and I had a LOT of files set up in LaserCut that I run over and over. Now I am running into time-consuming problems with converting the files to LaserCAD. I have thousands of parts in hundreds of files, and will have to return the control card if there's no easy fix.

Is there any way I can use the AWC-608 with LaserCut or Rhino software? I already have the files set up in these.

I need to be able to offset tabbed parts on the fly. In LaserCAD, my tabbed parts become joined when offset and there doesn't seem to be any way around it. LaserCut let me do this (although it was a left-right offset glitch that I knew my way around.)

Also, when I bring in files with a lot of layers, LaserCAD will not recognize certain color layers... which would be almost bearable if I could turn multiple layers on/off instead of just being able to select one layer at a time. My parts are too close together and I have too many layers for me to select/deselect without adding additional selections-if that makes sense.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Return to “DSP X7”