Orientation question (x7 upside down?)

typomaniac

Orientation question (x7 upside down?)

Post by typomaniac »

Hey again,

my laser keeps getting better step by step. I have a question regarding orientation with the lo x7 and the demo file.
My laser is setup with bottom left as starting point. When starting up it moves there until the limit switches are hit
and everything is fine. The arrows on the dsp react as expected: Up moves the gantry up (direction to the tube) and
down in direction to me / front of the laser. Same goes for left and right. When lasering the demo donald duck i
recognized that it is engraved upside down. Where does this come from and what can i do? I just want to make sure that
i understand the orientation and make the files right.

thank you!

tm
Techgraphix

Re: Orientation question (x7 upside down?)

Post by Techgraphix »

Although it moves to the direction you want (homing and with the cursors) it moves in the opposite direction:
First: make the Y- steppers go in the other direction (if only the Y is mirrored, else do the same for X aswell) with Datum in the manufacturers setting page
Next make the key move in the right direction.. with key Direction on the same page..
Select the right corner ( Machine Zero in Workspace )

Kees
typomaniac

Post by typomaniac »

Hey Techgraphix,

i am sorry but i am not sure what you mean. I changed datum and key direction and everything else like described. Yes the engravings are now made in »my« direction (they look like the preview on the screen). But the arrows are now inverted. Arrow up means gantry moving towards me and vice versa. Is that the correct way? The machine also wants to zero in the upper left corner (where the laser hits the first mirror). Unfortunately this does not work because somehow the soft limits do not work when everything is inverted. Can you help me?

thanks,
tm
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

do I understand right that only the Y key direction is opposite?
Kees
Harldave

Post by Harldave »

I sort of have this same problem. Hope someone sees this. When I lasered the "duck" it came out correct. When I sent a "name" to the laser it burnt it backwards...
In order for it to laser it correctly, I have to first mirror the file. So when I am looking at my controller and push the top arrow, the laser head goes towards the back. When I push the bottom arrow, the laser moves towards the front. When I push the right arrow, it moves right and left arrow it moves left.... so should it be all opposite???
It's not upside down... Just backwards.. But again.. the Duck came out properly..

Return to “DSP X7”