Replacing stock controller

kirash4

Replacing stock controller

Post by kirash4 »

My apologies if this is the wrong forum to post in. I wasn't sure if I should use this one of the K40 one. Either way, I recently acquired a "K40" laser cutter, one of the many on eBay, and I'm looking to replace the controller that it comes with. Mine does not have a Moshi version. It came with LaserDRW and Corel software which I don't care to use.

So I'm looking at the X7 DSP controller and have a few questions:
- I'm thinking of getting the upgrade kit which includes the stepper drivers. I noticed it comes with a power supply as well. Does that get ADDED to the one that's already in the machine, or is that a replacement? The manual that's listed here (viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1372) does not match the power supply that mine has, so how can I tell if it will work? The one I have has several green terminals along one edge that everything is connected to.
- Can I add a Z-adjustable bed later using the same controller? Does it have the outputs necessary for that?
- How are folks dealing with the USB and Ethernet ports that are on the back of the controller which is essentially under the front panel? Do you just drill an access hole in the side or back wall and run cables through that?

Return to “DSP X7”