data file error when downloading a file to the dsp.

paulburzynski

data file error when downloading a file to the dsp.

Post by paulburzynski »

I been making some siple drawings and trying to run them through the dsp to eventually verify the correct movement and to set the correct pulse for the stepper motors.

I get a data file error if I try to run the drawing from my computer or if I try to download it to the dsp.

I've noticed that when I run the file that comes pre-installed on the dsp..that it appears to run correctly but the picture of the drawing disapears from the screen and I can only see the laser position curser moving. Additionally when I jog the x gantry right or left..the gantry motion matches the arrows on the LCD keypad. When I jog the y motor the gantry moves in the opposite direction of the arrow. I've checked the stepper motors,and the drives as well as the wiring to the dsp and it is per the wiring diagram.

Currently the machines " home" position is to the front/left the x/y stage..the y motor is towards the back and the x motor is towards the right side of the x/y stage. I'm thinking one of my problems might be that the dsp is jnterpreting the drawing as being outside of the cutting area..maybe I need to change some of the settings.

Thanks all of you for your help..we are getting close to getting this project finished...

Return to “DSP X7”