Home has changed - what did I do? (solved I think)

Azirithdorr

Home has changed - what did I do? (solved I think)

Post by Azirithdorr »

So another question for those with the K40/DSP upgrade using Lasercad:

I was trying a test cut and wanted to adjust my mirrors a bit. I did so and came back and tried to run the same cut again and now my machine insists on parking itself all the way to the right and about halfway down the table instead of in the upper left corner as it was doing before (at reset or the end of a job ).

I would swear I didn't touch the controls when doing the mirror adjustments but now it's just not liking me ( so obviously I did something! ).I can manually adjust the X/Y to the original origin and it runs and it'll cut in the proper position when I press 'start', but then it ends and goes back to far right/mid down position to park at the end of the job - can anyone suggest what I might have done?

Thank you very much.

Edit: Knowing something was amiss, I went back through my settings one-by-one and I think I found the issue: my Page Zero was no longer matching the other settings.

Just to repeat what's been said in various threads before for new people: in the LaserCad program, under 'Options' you have to have three settings that all match your HOME ( the corner where your X and Y stops are - I think for most this would be the upper left corner ). These three settings are:

In Options, third choice down "Position Relatives"
In Options, System Settings, Work Space - 5th down "Machine Zero"
In Options, System Settings, Work Space - 6th down "Page Zero"

Return to “DSP X7”