LaserCAD install can't find CorelDraw

zkmiller

LaserCAD install can't find CorelDraw

Post by zkmiller »

I am trying to build up a new computer - Windows 7 Pro 64. I have installed CorelDraw x6 and am trying to install LaserCAD_V7.49B. I tried to install LaserCAD for CorelDraw but it reports that it cannot find CorelDraw. I had this installed on a Windows 7 Pro 32 system and It worked fine. How do I get it installed on the 64 bit system. Do I need a 64 bit USB driver? Where do I get it if I do?

Thanks,

Zeke
overkill71

Re: LaserCAD install can't find CorelDraw

Post by overkill71 »

zkmiller,

Not sure this is what your looking for but at the bottom of this post it has the 64bit USB driver.

viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2484

~Russell
NickWL

Post by NickWL »

Other way round if I remember correctly – you tell CorelDRAW to install the Lasercad 'plugin' either while first installing it or – I think – as a macro afterwards.
Nick
:?
zkmiller

Post by zkmiller »

Thanks for the input. Been out of town for over a week and just today getting back to the new computer. I did download the 64bit driver and it installed and also installed LaserCAD v7.43B. It works fine now with the driver. However, I still cannot get it to install the plugin for CorelDRAW x6. I still get the error 'Cannot find CorelDRAW'. Any suggestions?

Zeke
zkmiller

Post by zkmiller »

Just to clarify I am trying to install a plugin for CorelDraw x6 64bit. Does the plugin for LaserCad support CorelDraw x6 64bit?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Per progammer, it supports 64bit plug in
Get the latest LaserCad

Marco
zkmiller

Post by zkmiller »

When I install LaserCAD v7.57 it still says it cannot find CorelDRAW when I try to install the plugin. How do I install CorelDRAW x6 64bit plugin/macro to the standard 64bit installation of CorelDRAW on Windows 7 64bit? I saw a post where it said the answer was on Facebook, however, I don't use Facebook and cannot get to that information.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I don't have 64bit CorelDraw so I can't simulate the installation. You may want to redirect the installation path to the CorelDraw installation folder. That should work. I was told by the programmer the LaserCad support 64bit Corel but it may need a little manual tangle to complete the installation

Marco
zkmiller

Post by zkmiller »

I tried to redirect the install to the C:/program files/Corel/CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 folder, however, I get the same result 'can't find CorelDRAW!' There may be a problem with the sub-folder names. This is an image of the 64bit Corel install directory.
Attachments
Image of the CorelDRAW x6 64bit install directory.
Image of the CorelDRAW x6 64bit install directory.
corelDirecory.jpg (25.96 KiB) Viewed 4512 times
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I talked to the programmer last night and he insisted it worked on 64bit CorelDraw under Win8.
I tried mine by installing the it manually for 32bit. For the first couple try it failed. I guess I need to reboot my PC after installing the V7.57B. Then, with him (programmer) online (remote login), I could do manual installation even for the first shot.

So do this: uninstall your older LaserCad, then delete the folder completely. Install a new V7.57B (I just uploaded another V7.57B with English is set to default). Then do a Plugin installation again manually. Remember to reboot the machine after new LaserCad install.

Per programmer, it is not necessary to install the LaserCad before doing plugin installation. So, you can just run Setup and choose to run CorelDraw Plugin. Make sure you unchecked "Auto Install" and select correct CorelDraw version as by default it is set to V12.

Give it a try. If it is still not working, then I may do remote setup for you but you got to enable Remote access so that I can login to your PC

Marco
blithespirit

Post by blithespirit »

I have just installed to X7 x64 bit, what I did was to choose the CorelDraw plugin install, then choose X7 64bit, when it came to the location I selected the top level CorelDraw folder and not any lower folders
C:/program files/Corel/CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7 I actually selected the "CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7" and let it find the lower folder.

Maybe this will work for you too.

thanks

Paul
zkmiller

Post by zkmiller »

Sorry to be so long getting back to this issue. Thanks for all the input and support. In addition to trying to get this computer set up with Win 7 64bit I was moving from a HDD to a SSD and adding a 3 port video card. So, with all that going on I finally got everything sorted out enough to get LaserCAD installed with CorelDRAW. With the new LaserCAD v7.57B I was able to get the plugin to install. It all works great now - and really fast with the 64bit and SSD. Right now I only have two of the 23" monitors set up, the third will follow after my trip to Maine.

Thanks again for all the help, it's great having this working good again.

Zeke
whmeade10

Post by whmeade10 »

zkmiller wrote:Sorry to be so long getting back to this issue. Thanks for all the input and support. In addition to trying to get this computer set up with Win 7 64bit I was moving from a HDD to a SSD and adding a 3 port video card. So, with all that going on I finally got everything sorted out enough to get LaserCAD installed with CorelDRAW. With the new LaserCAD v7.57B I was able to get the plugin to install. It all works great now - and really fast with the 64bit and SSD. Right now I only have two of the 23" monitors set up, the third will follow after my trip to Maine.

Thanks again for all the help, it's great having this working good again.

Zeke

Hey Zeke, I have Windows 7 Pro 64 with CorelDraw X7 64 installed and am also getting the "Can't find CorelDraw" error when trying to install the CorelDraw plugin unsing the LaserCAD v7.57B. How did you get yours to work? I have installed the new LaserCAD v7.57B and then restarted the computer but still get the "Can't find CorelDraw" error.

Thanks
-Bill
zkmiller

Post by zkmiller »

The biggest tip is to download the LaserCAD 7.57B again. Marco had the developer fix the install for it and it works well now. The file date doesn't appear to indicate a new file but it does have support for installing the CorelDRAW x6/x7 32/64 plugins. Just select the CorelDRAW plugin install and select the version of CorelDRAW you want to install.
LaserCADInstallScreen1.jpg
LaserCADInstallScreen1.jpg (27.96 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
LaserCADInstallScreen2.jpg
LaserCADInstallScreen2.jpg (28.52 KiB) Viewed 4343 times
Hope that helps...

Zeke

Return to “DSP X7”