Will this power supply work for X7 upgrade? ---- SOLVED

overkill71

Will this power supply work for X7 upgrade? ---- SOLVED

Post by overkill71 »

Hello to everyone and Thank You in advance for any help you can give me. I have a DK40 style machine I bought from HUHUShop off amazon and I have ordered the X7 upgrade kit. After some extensive reading I had a question (or two). It appears that the power supply that comes with the machine stays as part of the upgrade and a second supply is added. In my reading it looks like some factory ones work while one or two others may not, so I thought I would show a couple of pictures of mine and see what everyone thought.

My upgrade kit should be delivered tomorrow....can't wait. Hopefully this should be a fairly easy upgrade. I have a couple of Zenbot CNC routers that I have upgraded a time or two....

Thanks,

Russell
Attachments
PWRSPLY 2.JPG
PWRSPLY 2.JPG (22.23 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
PWRSPLY 3.jpg
PWRSPLY 3.jpg (82.53 KiB) Viewed 1581 times
Last edited by overkill71 on Sun May 24, 2015 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
overkill71

Re: Will this power supply work for X7 upgrade?

Post by overkill71 »

A couple more shots...

Thanks!
Attachments
pwr6.jpg
pwr6.jpg (47.76 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
PWR4.JPG
PWR4.JPG (87.32 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
overkill71

Post by overkill71 »

Ok, got machine wired up and running!!! Switched to English and was able to run duck sample program and I was able to transfer a drawing from lasercad and run it. These "runs" were all dry runs, no laser, just movement of x and y axis. Machine homes correctly as well. I could really use someone's help with the final connection, its from the 6 pin connection on laser power supply pictured to the new upgrade board. What wires go where. My laser power supply has nothing labeled on the 6 pin to say ttl or anything. I hope someone has seen the supply in my pics and successfully wired it up.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks!
Russell
overkill71

Post by overkill71 »

Got it!!

Used info from this post: viewtopic.php?f=70&t=2286&hilit=power+supply+wiring

Have full laser power control as well. Now to set all parameters in the dsp and laser cad. Its sending file over and displays correct on dsp but engravers it in mirror image. Any idea what setting that would be?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - ALL WORKING CORRECT NOW. Machine runs AWESOME....

Return to “DSP X7”