DSP Controller & 5042 Drivers

twehr

DSP Controller & 5042 Drivers

Post by twehr »

Just wanted to drop a note to say how happy I am with my new DSP Controller and 5042 drivers. :D

It took me about 20 hours total (two good days on the weekend), but only because I did everything twice. First time was setting it all up outside the box. That allowed me to test everything before ripping out the original electronics.

Everything is working even better than I expected. :mrgreen: After a year of fighting the Moshi software and electronics (purchased elsewhere) :twisted: , I distrusted Chinese products and software. Now, I wish I had made the jump much earlier.

I am working on a document that will help anyone else get started with this upgrade. The supplied documentation is mostly correct, but not well organized for installation and configuration. I hope to have my "Setup Guide" done in a few more days. When I do, I will post it here for everyone else to see/use, as they wish.

In the mean time, I would be happy to field any questions from prospective (or new) purchasers. Just send me a personal message, or get a hold of Marco at Light Object to get my email. I believe I have a pretty good grasp of how to make it all come together. ;)

BTW - I am NOT associated with Light Object in any way other than being an extremely happy customer. I have made other purchases here for about a year, and Marco has always been a joy to work with. I am happy to help out, just because we (the community) need a good US-based company that we can trust.

tim

Edit Note - I have now uploaded the first run at the setup guide I promised. Hopefully, you will find it useful.
Attachments
Light Object DSP Controller Setup Guide.pdf
Setup Guide
(477.93 KiB) Downloaded 443 times
Last edited by twehr on Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dimky

Re: DSP Controller & 5042 Drivers

Post by dimky »

Hey tim!

Waiting for your manual.
twehr

Post by twehr »

I updated the original post to add the Setup Guide. :mrgreen:
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hey Tim:

Thank you very much for your great effort. I really appreciated for you help! With help from your setup doc, I'm sure that folks will save a bunch of time of setting up the DSP card. You're the man!!

Great job!

Regards,
Marco
rick737

Post by rick737 »

twehr wrote:Just wanted to drop a note to say how happy I am with my new DSP Controller and 5042 drivers. :D
Hi twehr,
nice hear it from another customer, i did same experience, i bought a dsp card from Marco and instaled it in my 3050 machine and... it is amazing! now the machine run like any top line USA or european machine . I had no problem to install DSP, I just had a doubt in the setup but Marco solved it quickly.
Two short videos of a DSP running my machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea4YSw2RpNM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzGxyOua6mQ

Rick

Return to “DSP X7”