Auto focus and auto tracking DSP controller

Tech_Marco

Auto focus and auto tracking DSP controller

Post by Tech_Marco »

We will carry this DSP controller card with auto sensing soon.

Marco
baccus61

Re: Auto focus and auto tracking DSP controller

Post by baccus61 »

That will be VERY helpful Marco. I'll need to redesign a new table to use it so the head is adjustable and not the table.
Telrad

Post by Telrad »

How much are we talking for the dsp and head?

I have a king rabbit hx1290 with an uneven cut bed that has this written all over it!!!! :o I wouldn't mind being an early adopter/tester.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I will get the price soon. Currently I am developing a small laser machine M5 (500x300) with X speed running at 900mm/s on engraving mode. Plus, I may get a metal cutting system; machine and the auto sensoi laser head.

Marco
yaddatrance

Post by yaddatrance »

Oh, definitely interested in this controller...
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It is about $3,250 a complete set

That include :
Motorized laser head
DSP controller
Auto tracking system
1 year warranty

Lens and mirror are not included

The price seems a bit high but considering hat it can cut "wave" object that it used to be mission impossible. Or, one has to use a high power laser tube like the Reci 150W + 100mm lens to do same job, the price is really not expensive at all!

With this auto focus tracking system, you may use a 60W or 80W in replace 150W tube, it is a lot of saving

Marco
Guldberg

Post by Guldberg »

With a proper laser, a synrad 200w maybe, you could do mild steel cutting. Key to cutting metal is to keep the nozzle ever so close to the material.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes. For metal cutting, the laser head is about 2mm above the metal surface.
I'll get a "Mixed" laser machine in about 1.5months. It is equipped with a dynamic laser head that move up/dn automatically with water cooled and pure oxygen intake. It can do metal (up to 1.5mm) or non-metal cutting/engraving.

Marco
Guldberg

Post by Guldberg »

Hi Marco

Nice.

On a metal cutting laser the diameter of the nozzle is tiny, to produce a direct stream of oxygen without using to much oxygen.

We tried to cut metal on our 200w trotec. With a ø2mm nozzle it consumes gas at an alarming rate (and the result aint pretty:-)
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need a special lase head if you want to use CO2 laser to do metal cutting. Yes, the gap between the metal plate and the laser head is very small, possible in less than 1mm. Plus, the distance must be controlled within certain limit.

I'll try to get a "mixed" Laser machine that is capable to do non-metal cutting/engraving and metal cutting for up to 1mm thickness

FYI, the best way to do metal cutting is to go for fiber optics with 300W power. It can cut through stainless steel for up to 3mm thickness or 6~7mm carbonate metal. But it cost through.

I'm planning to integrate an fiber optics system on my XY stage with a new DSP board that support fiber optics. I haven't done it yet because most money spent on a new ocean shipment. I may try it on a lower power fiber module like the 30W which is able to cut up to 0.5mm with multiple pass. It is certainly a great one for outline image or text on metal.

Marco
ltran2000

Post by ltran2000 »

Hi Marco
How is this going ? is it read for sell yet ? have you have time test it, I an interest in getting one.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Not carrying it yet because the cost is very high. I'm thinking to design one similar with lower cost. I think the system is a bit of over price. I'm studying Ardruino and hopefully I can gain some experience. Hardware part (motorized laser head) shouldn't be a great challenging but the auto sensing is. I'm acquiring some infrared distance sensor and hope that it may work.

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”