"Engrave Beyond Size"

OsiViper

"Engrave Beyond Size"

Post by OsiViper »

I am having issues with my recent AWC708C upgrade.
I am trying to Engrave & cut a 2 part project and I am having issues right from the get-go.

About 5% through the first part which is engraving it stops and goes back to origin and says "Engrave Beyond Size". Now this piece is nowhere near the size of my build plate. I checked the config and have the correct build plate size setup in the config. I even upped it to 2000mm x 2000mm and it still fails at the same spot saying "Engrave Beyond Size".

I am not sure what to do.
waltfl

Re: "Engrave Beyond Size"

Post by waltfl »

try to format the memory in the display greetings
waltfl

OsiViper wrote:I am having issues with my recent AWC708C upgrade.
I am trying to Engrave & cut a 2 part project and I am having issues right from the get-go.

About 5% through the first part which is engraving it stops and goes back to origin and says "Engrave Beyond Size". Now this piece is nowhere near the size of my build plate. I checked the config and have the correct build plate size setup in the config. I even upped it to 2000mm x 2000mm and it still fails at the same spot saying "Engrave Beyond Size".

I am not sure what to do.
OsiViper

Post by OsiViper »

Tried formatting it, Tried resetting, tried different engravings. EVERYTHING tells me engrave beyond size.
Cam Mayor

Post by Cam Mayor »

This just started on mine, probably a year with the 708 no problems then this???? Can anybody help me. Does anyone have the manual for the 708
Cam Mayor

Post by Cam Mayor »

I am still stuck on this, can anyone give me some advice. Please!!! :?
Techgraphix

Post by Techgraphix »

If you check the engraving layers first and uncheck the cutting-layers, send this to the machine and start engraving.. do you have a problem then?
If not, you can sequentially uncheck the engraving layers, check the cutting layers, send that to the machine and start cutting..

Else, can you post the file? see if i can reproduce your problem..

Kees
KennyJr

Post by KennyJr »

I'm a new user to the DSP controller and after only 5 different files my controller is now giving me the same message. Has there been any fixes for this issue that i can't find on the form?
upsetDSPowner

Post by upsetDSPowner »

Ditto......
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I'm wondering if this post help: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=2571

Remember that you must have two limit switches setup properly: X & Y
Most obviously mistake is not having matched 'Machine zero', 'Page zero' setup properly. Those two setting must matched the HOME limit switches location.

Also, if speed is high it need longer distance to accelerate and it will most likely go beyond the bed size. So, slow down the speed may help. Just give it a try

Marco
Cam Mayor

Post by Cam Mayor »

engrave beyond size.jpg
I found I had to draw a little box beside the job I wanted to run. Essentially what the machine wanted was to get up to speed before it got to the engrave spot. You can also reduce the engrave speed, sometimes it helps too.

Return to “DSP X7”