DSP says WAITING... when laser powers on in cut

Patrick34

DSP says WAITING... when laser powers on in cut

Post by Patrick34 »

I have had my DSP going on my custom build laser for about a month now, but it has developed a new trick recently.

Randomly, the DSP display will go blank, then display "Waiting..." and then go back to the main screen, but it is no longer in the cutting mode since the timer is not displayed. The machine itself will continue to cut my program without interruption. When it is doing this it is EVERY TIME the laser powers on. I have video of this happening.

Some programs run completely fine with the timer in the display the whole time.

I did just have a stepper driver toast out. I had a backup, so it was not a big deal. But I noticed this behavior with the DSP at exactly the same time I lost movement in the dead axis due to the bad driver.

Any thoughts?

In the mean time I will work on getting the video compressed and online.
Tech_Marco

Re: DSP says WAITING... when laser powers on in cut

Post by Tech_Marco »

Grounding issue. The electromagnetic field causing interference and reset the DSP

Marco
Griffin3D

Post by Griffin3D »

Are you still having this issue?

What was the fix that you ended up using to stop the issue?

We are having the same problem and cannot find a reason for it. It might be the cable but we are unsure. I can press down on the ends of the cable where it connects to the AWC 608 and sometimes it will allow the laser to fire from the LCD with no issue and gives a beep when it does it, but that result can be hard to replicate even when I do not move.

We have gone through the machine and checked all grounds, added in isolation to help with any EM that might be generated by the power supplies and even pulled the cover off of both the LCD and the AWC 608 to reflow the solder around the LCD connector pins. So far none of it has helped and the issue persists.
Lazorus

Post by Lazorus »

I think it has something to do with being connected to a computer, I know that once i disconnected it to work stand alone (and use udrive) it hasnt done it since.

Return to “DSP X7”