DSP Software for Corel X4 won't install

baccus61

DSP Software for Corel X4 won't install

Post by baccus61 »

Hi Marco ,
I am trying to install the software for the DSP Laser controller and when I select Corel Draw and English I get a requester asking to close down Corel Draw so it can install.
I don't have Corel X4 running at the time and have tried opening it and closing it, installing the Macro solution for VB scripting in the commands section of Corel and then closing the program, rebooting with SAFE mode, opening the Task Manager and closing down all the tasks I can without stopping windows etc etc all with the same result.

"Please close Corel Draw and try again"

I can install the software on the computer in my house but not the computer attached to the laser table in the shed.
Can you tell me what to do so I can get this thing installed.
I can install LaserWork which, obviously doesn't work, but I can't install the Corel driver.
I am using Corel Draw X4
PentiumIV 1.6 Gig
2 Gig mem

Regards
Richard.
Tech_Marco

Re: DSP Software for Corel X4 won't install

Post by Tech_Marco »

Try his way see if possible
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=195
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

I could try that way as long as the software will install, but it won't.
I am currently reformatting the hard drive and doing a clean install of everything.
I hope it helps but if it doesn't then I will get back to you.
Thanks for the reply.
Rich.

**** Update ****

I finished the reformat and the install process went along relatively smoothly with only Cored DrawX4 being installed on the computer.
Now I am having "fun" trying to understand the Chinglish documents. They are good compared to some but some of the descriptions leave a bit to be desired. Surely someone can rewrite the instructions in "better" English. I may even do this myself after I get it up and running.
I have found that all the default settings are way too over the top for my setup and I have had to slow things down to 75mm/sec instead of 10,000 etc etc. The default settings really should be set at a very forgiving amount until the user gets used to the speed and feeds of their particular machine.
There should be a simple "how to get started" section in the manual just for the critical steps like the setting up of the machine pulses per rev, acceleration etc etc.
So far it looks promising and all I have to do is fine tune everything.
I have a 30 watt RF Universal.inc laser tube running from Gecko 2phase drives with a 5 phase rotary attachment. This is quite easy to set up as all there is to do is to supply the correct pulse and direction signals.
My old setup is here

http://www.youtube.com/user/baccus61

with Linkmotion software which was good until the DSP came along.
I bought the DSP controller solution from Solustan but had a lot of trouble setting it up and now they won't answer my emails. Apparently they won't until I get it set up which I thought I had. 6 months is way too long for support that now doesn't exist so I came here for the "other" Leetro controller/software setup. I really needed help just before the Xmas period but it wasn't forthcoming and I lost a lot of money having to refuse jobs. Oh well, such is life (and $1300)
This really is a good card for speed and use and I can't wait to see it finally up and running.
Richard.
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

Thanks for the nice email, Marco,
I haven't finished off the install yet as I am back at work and won't get out to the laser until Tuesday and then I will have another go at finalizing it. I seem to have a problem with the Z lift on the table as it doesn't seem to have enough power to overcome the weight of the table but it has worked with the 2 previous setups. I will swap the y axis drive with the Z axis one and see if I have a drive problem.
Have you seen or heard of the STD01 board from Leetro. It's a single-ended differential signal adapter. It is shipped with the Linkmotion setup and is supposed to be better for the pulse train to the motors and for the firing of the laser tube. I couldn't get the laser to fire without it. It's a small and simple board with 2 chips and a couple of pull up resister banks and screw connectors.
I will write down the chip number and get the link to the manufacturers docs and post here later on for you to have a look at.

I'm pretty interested in the new software so if you want just PM me and we'll have a go at it. I like new things!

Just a thought, can you put up a sticky note on the forums for the manuals for all the stuff you have. I think it would save you a lot of time writing to everyone you send the parts to or just include a small note with the package with an address on it to the correct link on the forums. I see you get a bit frustrated with some of the shoppers. :-)

regards
Richard.
Last edited by baccus61 on Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

I have the docs for the Quad Line Driver here if you are interested.

http://focus.ti.com/lit/ds/symlink/am26ls31.pdf

And here is the Word doc on wiring up the board attached to this post

regards
Richard.
Attachments
STD01Instruction.doc
The Leetro STD-01 line driver board
(101 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Thank you for your information. I have forwarded it to our engineer for evaluation.

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I talked to my engineer and he said that our card already have that chipset installed. Plus, there is no problem to drive any large driver like the M860. He said that it can drive any size driver even a sevo. So, not sure why couldn't your card do it. :?

Return to “DSP X7”