Gaps at start and end of lines

Vegaman_Dan

Re: Gaps at start and end of lines

Post by Vegaman_Dan »

Tech_Marco wrote:There is nothing wrong with the DSP and both limit switches worked as the way it should.
Somehow you set the Start speed to "0.035mm/s" when it should be 10 or 20mm/s on the "User parameter" setup menu.

Card already shipped out 3 days ago and you should receive it today

Marco

Received, installed, and confirmed it works as it should. I can move the cutting head via control panel or software buttons as needed. Excellent!

Got the UM value set so it does make for a nice 100x100 box reliably.

It still leaves gaps at the start and end of a line. Tried a square- each side is short with a gap at the beginning and end of a side. A circle has a gap at the beginning and end of the line. I recall you mentioning there was a possible setting for this. I will go back and reread this entire thread and follow your instructions exactly.

I'm feeling more confident now than I ever have before for success. The hardware works! An excellent kit indeed.
Vegaman_Dan

Re: Gaps at start and end of lines

Post by Vegaman_Dan »

SUCCESS!

I am very happy to report the problems reported originally (not cutting at beginning/end of lines, and limit switch issues) have been resolved successfully.

And I'm also going to admit this was 100% user error. MY error. There was never anything wrong with the DSP, only me messing in menus and changing settings without really understanding the results, and that only complicates things.

I wish to apologize to Marco here for all the hassles I've caused. He has been patient with me and I know that doing tech support remotely is not an easy task- I've been doing it myself for 15 years. Sometimes us techs can be the worst customers because we 'already know'.

PROBLEM: Shapes not cutting fully / lines with gaps at start and finish of shapes.

SOLUTION: There are two power settings on the MACHINE CONTROL PANEL, not the application dialogue box. As Marco noted, those software controls are for a different power supply.

You'll see on your control panel the file number, power 1, speed, time, etc. The Power 1 section has two values separated by a |. In my case it was 20 | 0, meaning 20% power for the cut on lines, and 0% power on the corners, which is exactly what I was experiencing. I changed that second value to 20 and instantly I had full cuts. Actually that was too much power in the corners for my tests and I can see why you may want to adjust those values according to the project you are working on.

Now I'm eager to start work on more projects again. This beast is FAST. I mean I cannot describe the difference in how it operates. It feels like a machine worth $3K or more.

Excellent kit! Highly recommended.

Return to “DSP X7”