Purchased DSP - Do I need to purchase PSU too?

prcdslnc13

Re: Purchased DSP - Do I need to purchase PSU too?

Post by prcdslnc13 »

That's where I currently have it as well. Seems to be working well.
clivegriffiths

Post by clivegriffiths »

Hi All, Ive got this power supply and I'm totally stumped as how to wire it. Has anyone got a up to date wiring diagram for this?
parsifaldruddle

Post by parsifaldruddle »

Clive -

We'll need:

Power Ratings, Make / model, Mfr, Seller of power supply. Post links to your exact power supply, selller's page, mfr's page and any
documention available. If purchased from Light Object, you can probably skip the rest, at least for now, and proceed to the line
below which begins with the phrase "One way or another".

Pictures of your power supply:

Each side that has anything other than stamped vents or a couple of screws.

Include a pic of the top if it is labeled in any way.

Take close ups of any terminal strips, pin connectors, etc. Make sure any labeling or marking is clear and focused in your photos.

If there are any large openings thru which you can see labeling or marking which may be associated to terminals or connectors - close ups of those.

If any labeling or marking which may indicate pin or terminal functions is obstructed or inside the housing, un-obstruct it as best you can - maybe
change your camera angle - so the labeling or marking can be clearly seen. If you have to, remove the cover IF doing so will not break any warranty
seals or labels - usually 4 screws located on the top or sides. Lift it off carefully without damaging anything (wires) which may exit the cover. Again,
take pictures of any labeling / marking, etc. When done, carefully replace the cover.

Use adequate light. Make sure the images are clear and focused. keep the shots tight on the subject area - crop out unnecessary acreage around the subject.
Once you have the images properly sized and adjusted (I like to keep originals and post smaller versions - linking to the larger images if required), sit back
and relax for a moment or two. Make sure they're to a location you can post from or link to. While you're waiting for answers, keep searching for the answers
'out there' - contact the mfr or seller and ask for support and assistance. search search search the web, creatively. Same for your controller and any non-standard
ancillary

One way or another, with dedication to cause and purpose, with hard work and diligence, with thought and sweat and effort - you shall prevail in your quest to lase!

May this find you in good health and high spirits,

Pars.
clivegriffiths

Post by clivegriffiths »

Hi Pars, thanks for your input, the p/s is the same as the one at the begining of this thread. This is the link to the manufacturer. http://en.jnmydy.com/products_detail/&productId=22.html Its a different model number to mine (MYJG 40A) That one (MYKZ 40W) but it looks identical to mine, I guess its just an upgraded model of mine. Heres some photos I took.
IMG_0035.jpg
IMG_00372.jpg
IMG_0038.JPG
A bit more info I've worked out.
Untitled-1.jpg
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Connection:

Connect P+ and Gnd together
Connect K+ to DSP TTL
Connect IN to DSP PWM
Connect Gnd to DSP Gnd

Leave the right most connector for nothing. You can get DC5v or 24v from this port

For the AC power connector:

| | | |
Laser negative, FG, AC, AC

Regards,
Marco
madjalapeno

Post by madjalapeno »

I think I have the same power supply - thank you for the wiring info.
10926214_10205147179497702_8079009944013597785_n.jpg
I love how everyone uses different colored wires just to keep things confusing.
madjalapeno

Post by madjalapeno »

I've wired everything up according to Marco's instructions, but the laser seems to be firing at full power.

I've double checked my wiring, and it's right.

Any suggestions?

Return to “DSP X7”