New LO DSP controller card with Dynamic Color LCD V7

Tech_Marco

New LO DSP controller card with Dynamic Color LCD V7

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please comment the layout of the new DSP. We're in the final stage of launching the latest DSP controller card with a 4.3" color LCD screen that is capable to show work progress. Yes, it is dynamic

This DSP card is a special version and sell by LightObject with exclusively right. The programmer is working on a specail version LaserCad that will work on this card solely but nothing else. Because of that, more features can be added to the card, some is free and some may cost.

Currently, I'm working on the front pangel design and your comment (layout, color, icon, characters) will help me to do my job better.

Thanks
Marco
Attachments
LO-X7B.jpg
NickWL

Re: New LO DSP controller card with Dynamic Color LCD V7

Post by NickWL »

It's very pretty - but I'm much more interested in what goes on inside the cabinet than in the beauty of the controls.
Being able to watch job progress is a little bit interesting, but I can watch most of what I need to see through the window!
The interesting part will be the new DSP / LaserCAD features...
Nick
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

What is dynamic about the screen? Will it have a small indicator of where it's at during the job?

What sorts of features you thinking about adding (other than the camera addition which would be AMAZING).

You know that this is going to cause me to buy another DSP just for new features eh? :lol:
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

A feature that I want to add is capable to capture real time video and display it on the LaserCad software. What good about it? In some case where cutting or engraving were not doing right due to the power issue, with the video tracking one can re-work on it without losing the costly materials. You know, when you take the material our from the machine, it is hard to do the alignment without help from some sort of assistance.

The programmer promised me to open some ports (software) so that I can work on the front end(application) on the LaserCad or CorelDraw. But that need a good programmer to help me to get the job possible.

I want to add some basic graphic feature like turning art work after importing. Then, I want it capable to do true "Grey scale" engraving so that it may be able to come up some art work in 3D look (actually 2.5D)

The last one (but not the last) would be graphic recognition feature (will cost). You simply let a camera that attached on the laser head to be able to capture an image of an object (flat), either art work or chartertistics, the program is smart enough to import the image and make it editable. So, you don't need to hire a graphics or freelancing to redo the art work for you

These are few features that came to my mind in the mean time. I don't how far I can go with the card but I'll betting that the new card will bring a lot of joy. I'm looking forward to get it soon

Marco
ltran2000

Post by ltran2000 »

one of very simple feature I always want to have is send "selection only"
from Corel, my graphic have red,blue, yellow and I want to cut red i just select red
and lasercad send only what i select not everything, everytime I have to delete everything else
but red, I try to edit a marco in Corel to fix this but this marco need a password.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

With current version AWC608, you can do it without a major problem. You can select portion of your drawing and assign it in different color as layers in LaserCad environment, say Blue, Green, Red. On each layer, there is a check box next to it allowing you to disable or enable it. That way you can cut/engrave layer at wish

Marco
Telrad

Post by Telrad »

Why is there a z/u button in the middle of the arrows and separate z up and down buttons? It would make more sense to me to have the center button just u and keep the z up and down arrows.

For safety reasons I think it would be a good idea to press 2 buttons to enable the test fire for the laser even if the buttons are next to each other. I have accidentally pressed the laser button several times by accident, thank God no one was hurt.
Telrad

Post by Telrad »

A printer driver would be nice as well........
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

At this time, I want to stay focus on the panel layout. For the features things let's wait till I got more information from the programmer Li.

Thank you

Marco
swamidog

Post by swamidog »

add a button to toggle the 5v output on OUT1 on/off. that way those of use who use a relay for air assist when the table is running can turn on air while we're aligning the mirror in the cutting head.

there have been a number of times that i have to clean the focus lens after i align the mirror in the cutting head because i've fouled the optics with my test fires when checking mirror alignment.

or, add this as a software button in lasercad. either way, it would be very heklpful
Tech_Marco wrote:At this time, I want to stay focus on the panel layout. For the features things let's wait till I got more information from the programmer Li.

Thank you

Marco
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

swamidog wrote:add a button to toggle the 5v output on OUT1 on/off. that way those of use who use a relay for air assist when the table is running can turn on air while we're aligning the mirror in the cutting head.

there have been a number of times that i have to clean the focus lens after i align the mirror in the cutting head because i've fouled the optics with my test fires when checking mirror alignment.

or, add this as a software button in lasercad. either way, it would be very heklpful
I like that idea. It could also work if you wanted to run a relay/switch for a red laser pointer for assistance...or any other options for auxiliary control.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

That doesn't need DSP to do the job. You can add a toggle button to enable the pump or laser pointer. Isn't it?
But I'll ask see if I can get a toggle button on the software.

Marco
nephertiti

Post by nephertiti »

Hi Marco,

Give handheld version too. you know my machines big. So Handheld better for me.

By the way One big thing I want; SERVO COMPATIBILTY.

Looks AWC608 not so good for servo driving(even high-end yaskawa servos) , like "G-laserguy" said long time ago ; "the pulse-output-waveform is not perfect. The reason for that are the output optocouplers used in AWC-608". (post= viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1303&hilit=pulse+op ... s&start=15 )

Maybe you can add encoder input or better pulse output.
ltran2000

Post by ltran2000 »

Hi Marco
What about add lead-in or lead-out, for thick material it get a dent where start and end, so leadin and out may solve this problem.
ltran2000

Post by ltran2000 »

With current version AWC608, you can do it without a major problem. You can select portion of your drawing and assign it in different color as layers in LaserCad environment, say Blue, Green, Red. On each layer, there is a check box next to it allowing you to disable or enable it. That way you can cut/engrave layer at wish

Marco
Hi Marco
Even with layer control I have to delete the one I don't want to cut because the position will be different on the page,
example I have red and green and I want to cut red and red above green, laser head will move to top to cut red even I set original
on bottom left where green is.My machine set to bottom left.So send "only selection" is the best in this case.

Return to “DSP X7”