new lasercad v. 7.09 does not show the PPI avalaible but cut

Tech_Marco

Re: new lasercad v. 7.09 does not show the PPI avalaible but

Post by Tech_Marco »

Just PM you a modified version see if you can fix the problem. Make sure to uninstall the old copy and delete the LaserCad folder. Then, probably you may want to delete those files that stick inside of the CorelDraw program under the folder "Corel"

Marco
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Just something I noticed whilst playing about with the config file Marco. the EnablecountandPPI setting MUST be under [Basecfg] or it will ignore it, that maybe part of the problem if the setting is missing and its been added at a later date.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It's the programmer Li disable intentionally. The "PPI" features is not well known and strange to folks in China. To avoid endless questioning and support, he disabled it. When he sent me the copy, I need to manually enable it on the SETUP file. So, it will installed two files to 1) under LaserCad folder and 2) Under CorelDraw folder "Corel".

I have modified the file and uploaded it to my FTp site. Even though some folks may be able to find LaserCad (could be more update) from other site, there is a little difference and I keep telling them NOT to use it. It is hard for me to provide support if folks are using non LO laserCad as I have no idea how far it changed. Sometime folks are very supportive and send me some suggestion how to make the laserCad more readable by changing the label. It won't happen to other copy but only from us, LO

Marco
Craig_Johnson

Post by Craig_Johnson »

I purchased the 608 controller in Spring 2014, and there is a PPI check box and you can enter a number associated with it. It translates as Pulses Per Inch - but this is a metric system, so I can't believe that is accurate. There is absolutely NO documentation in the manual describing its use. There is also very little on it on this website. I'd like to have the PPI feature clearly and technically defined so I know how to use it properly. At present I'm just trying different settings and not sure what to expect. Can we get a clear explanation and add that to the 608 user manual? Thanks
H.J.G.

Post by H.J.G. »

Craig,
There is a very interesting discussion here http://www.buildlog.net/blog/2011/12/ge ... er-system/ on PPI and if you look towards the end he has made a you tube video on PPI , you need to watch this several times and note down his formula's then think about it

Henry
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

Ppi is easy to convert to metric.

If its 200 ppi and you want to convert to mm its 200 divided 25.

So that's 8 ppm.

You'll have to suck it and see at how effective it is.

Working backwards.

15 pulses per mm is 15 x 25 = 375 ppi

These figures are largely pointless though, as depending on the material your results will differ. If it cuts badly at 100, try it at 150 etc..

I did think about making a chart for it

PPI is independent of speed since it doesn't matter how fast its going. its still got to pulse the laser 200 times per inch. It makes sure that on corners where the head slows down you don't get burning.

That said you have to turn the power up to compensate when using PPI. On recent versions of the software PPI wont cut through anything for me. I did post about it but no one responded.

Does this help?
SScnc

Re: new lasercad v. 7.77 does not show the PPI avalaible but

Post by SScnc »

Tech_Marco wrote:For those running LaserCad direct and having the PPI gray out, please use the following instruction to fix it

Open a file name "SoftCfg.ini" under the LaserCad\AWCCfg folder with notepad or any text editor.
Change "IfEnbleCountAndPPI=" from "0" to "1"
After change, it should look like this: IfEnbleCountAndPPI=1
That should solve the problem

Marco
I'm now having this same issue, If I open LaserCAD v7.77.3 alone nothing is greyed out. If I click on the AWC macro icon in Coreldraw X7, count and PPI are greyed out. I did check the AWCCfg file and IfEnbleCountAndPPI=1is there and it does "=1". I have no temp file either.

I deleted the macro in Corel and reinstalled the plugin through the LaserCAD setup process but it's still greyed out. I'm thinking about deleting everything that refers to LaserCAD and AWC in the Corel folder then reinstalling the Corel plugin again, should I do this or is there another solution ?

Thanks,

Steve
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Please uninstall the current LaserCad and remove the folder completely. Then, download again the file as I enabled the 'PPI' and uploaded it a couple days ago. Sorry for the trouble.

Marco
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

Tech_Marco wrote:Please uninstall the current LaserCad and remove the folder completely. Then, download again the file as I enabled the 'PPI' and uploaded it a couple days ago. Sorry for the trouble.

Marco
I completely uninstalled LaserCAD then deleted the original folder in "downloads" then downloaded LaserCAD v7.77B from your download page today.

I also deleted everything relating to LaserCAD and AWC in CorelDraw X7, Then reinstalled v7.77B I just downloaded today. Also installed the plugin for Coreldraw X7 X64.

The problem remains, work count and PPI work fine "IF" I open LaserCAD by itself.

But, if I click on the LaserCAD macro in Coreldraw, LaserCAD opens but work count and PPI are still greyed out. Not a real big deal but I must be doing something wrong !

Can you help ?
Attachments
PPI Greyed inCoreldraw.jpg
PPI Greyed inCoreldraw.jpg (81.79 KiB) Viewed 3787 times
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

The reason is that there is a copy of LaserCad being used by the CorelDraw. You need to use "Search" and remove it from the Corel or it will still use the old copy LaserCad

Marco
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

BTW, you need to install the CorelDraw Plugin again or it will call the old copy of LaserCAd

Marco
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

Well Marco,

Sorry to be such a pain but I have uninstalled and deleted ALL laserCad files and programs from everywhere until a search of my entire PC wouldn't find anything "LaserCAD", I did the same for "AWC". And I even deleted the macro in Corel x7 64. Corel showed nothing at all related to awc or lasercad in the open program or the files in Corel folder when I was done.

Then again, I downloaded the v7.77, installed, installed Corel plugin. The same problem remains.

I've done all this three times and just don't get it, how can I be missing anything as I've deleted everything. It must be something in Corel I think ?

Thanks for your help, if you can think of anything else I can do or missing please let me know !
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I think you may need to try harder to find the "LaserCad.exe"
Once you installed plugin for either Corel or Illustrator, a copy of Lasercad will be saved in that particular application folder. You also need to pay attention on "x86" or "64bit" location

Marco
Attachments
LaserCad_Loaded.jpg
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

Not sure how I can try harder, searched entire PC 5 times at least, and uninstalled and deleted everything relating to lasercad.

uninstalled deleted everything in coreldraw, search of PC brings up nothing, I re download lasercad from your downloads page and reinstall everything and the same problem remains.

I have nothing in "program files (x86)" relating to corel or lasercad, only in "program files" (x64)

I notice on your download page it says Nov 11, and when I download it, it shows Nov 3, could this have anything to do with it or is that just when you saved it, not the date when you modified it ?

Also, please note the .cfg file from my Corel folder...
Attachments
.<br />.<br />.<br />.
.<br />.<br />.<br />.
.<br />.<br />.<br />.
dl page.jpg (32.14 KiB) Viewed 3770 times
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

UPDATE: If I double click on LaserCAD.exe in the Corel folder, count and PPI are greyed out.

However, if I right click and select run as administrator, everything works ! So it looks like an administrator rights issue ?

Now maybe if I can figure out how to run everything "as administrator" by default that will do it, I hope !
Attachments
Lcad dbl.jpg

Return to “DSP X7”