new lasercad v. 7.09 does not show the PPI avalaible but cut

Seeker

Re: new lasercad v. 7.09 does not show the PPI avalaible but

Post by Seeker »

I am not having the problem... so I can not test my theory, but try this:

Right click on LaserCad.exe and select "Properties". On the "Compatibility" tab click the checkbox "Run as Administrator". Click "Apply".

Now try it...
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

OK, I did exactly that and I can now double click it and it does run as administrator and count and PPI are there.

However, when I click on the LaserCAD macro button with coreldraw open, like I normally do, I get the below message and when I click OK, corel totally freezes and stops responding. I go back and deselect "run this program as admin" and back to where I was and corel no longer freezes. Strange !

Can you tell me what that message says ?
Attachments
corel frozen.jpg
corel frozen.jpg (22.09 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

I have no idea what it says, but it is probably a clue...

A question... do you have administrator rights using your login on the computer? Just wondering, because I do and I am not having the same problem as you are. So just thinking of what the differences might be that are causing your problem to occur.
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

Thanks for your help. Well, my user account is setup as "Administrator". Is that the same thing ?

Are you using Corel X7 64 ?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

You need to install the Plugin again for the CorelDraw. Somehow you may 'touched' the macro for the Corel and caused the error, like installed a wrong version plugin...
You may want to remove the "LaserCad" or its VBA macro if new installation didn't work

Marco
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Yes, then you are an Administrator.

I am using X6, so that is one difference. Not sure if that would matter or not.

I do wish we knew what that message said. It might help figure this out.
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

Marco, I have "unloaded" the macro and deleted everything related to lasercad and awc in corel, then reinstalled the lasercad corel plugin. I've done this many times and no difference.

But, I don't know exactly what you mean about "VBA Macro" ?

It seems to be calling up the correct lasercad (only one on the PC) as if I change it to "run as administrator" corel freezes. I know I'm repeating myself.

And the awc config file within corel looks fine to me as count and PPI=1, so it's really confusing. Not the end of the world if I don't get this to work but I really want to find a solution. Thanks !

Seeker, yeah, I'd like to know what that message says ! I wouldn't think the X6 would matter as long as they're both 64 bit. Thanks
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

BTW: When I install the plugin for Coreldraw X7 64bit, it doesn't find it, I have to uncheck the "auto to install" box and browse to coreldraw and it will only install if I select "CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7". No other folder allows it to install.

Not sure if any of that matters ?
Seeker

Post by Seeker »

Same here. I have to manually select the same folder. Well, the X6 version at least.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

The error message is similar to "The application couldn't be started. Please reboot and try again"

I had that error message before when I was trying something on the macro. But I forgot what I did to fix it.
Did you have two different version CorelDraw installed in your machine?

What version of CorelDraw were you trying to install? You need V7.67 or V7.77 if I'am not forgotten. Prior to the version it may not work on CorelDraw X7

Marco
SScnc

Post by SScnc »

Hey guys, it looks like I/we finally figured it out !

I just now looked in "This PC\Windows (C:)\Users\myname\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\ProgramFiles\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X7\Programs64" Previous PC searches did not find this, I found it manually.

In there is another AWCCfg, SoftCfg.ini file. In that file was the Count and PPI=0

That is the first "=0" that I have been able to find, I changed that to "=1", fired up CorelDRAW and clicked on the LaserCAD button and finally, count and PPI are NOT greyed out anymore !

Thanks again for all the patience and help ! maybe this will help others in the future.

Best

EDIT: Marco, sorry, I just saw your last post. I'm using X7 64bit (the only CorelDRAW ever on this new PC) and your latest LaserCAD V7.77.3

Also, I believe it's as you said Marco, this Cfg file was from a previous version of LaserCAD that somehow got left on my PC.
SWMS

Post by SWMS »

I found it! I was having the same trouble too.. The file is in.....

C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\Corel\CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6\Programs64\AWCCfg

LaserCad now uses profile specific settings.

Return to “DSP X7”