DSP Laser Replacement

vsystems

DSP Laser Replacement

Post by vsystems »

I have a gigantic chinese laser 40W which uses 3 phase motors and stepper drivers, it had a MPC6515 controller board in it, it's DSP capable, and it has an LCD panel, it's almost identical in function to the lightobjects board/panel.
What I need to know is will this be electrically compatible with my existing control panel/lcd (used a serial port) and can I just match up the wires from the MPC6515 to the new controller and get back up and running the same day that I get it shipped here?
The parts that concern me most are the control panel (it says it support HMI based on modbus protocol)
from the manual "J2: HMI(RS232)-support HMIs such as EasyView, BYDseries HMI, PAD03, etc. based
on Modbus Protocol"
http://www.leetro.com/english/down/MPC6 ... Manual.pdf (for the mpc6515)
Will this work with LaserCut software (since we have people already trained on that)?

After reviewing the manual for both products completely, I still need a qualified answer if this will work with the kind of system I have.
If any additional information is needed, I'll be glad to provide it. Just need a few answers before I buy.
Thanks.
Tech_Marco

Re: DSP Laser Replacement

Post by Tech_Marco »

It's a different card but similiar in many ways. You can download the software and the manual from the support site and take a look of that. Connection isn't identical and you got to follow the manual setting up your machine. It's not just plug and play someone must have electronics background.

Return to “DSP X7”