Need answers regarding your DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter

ben549

Need answers regarding your DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter

Post by ben549 »

I received my DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter Controller yesterday and it is very different from what you advertise. The board is labeled as PH-BOARD V1.1
1. Who is soldering these boards? The soldering is terrible around the capacitors
2. The bottom of the board is scratched; revealing the copper. Unacceptable.
3. What happened to the 5th IO pin?
4. What is the function of headers: JP1, JP2, JP3, S1, S2, U9, U19?
5. When will you have a manual for this specific board?

The Man-Machine panel has several issues:
1. The buttons have Chinese writing on them with English labels below. I want the version which only has English writing.
2. The posts for mounting are not secure and thus wiggle.
3. The protective cover for the LCD was left on which means I have to disassemble the panel to remove it. The protective cover over the front of the panel is enough and a second cover is unnecessary.
4. What is the function of the unused headers such as: P3, JP1?

Also:
Why don’t you carry a 4 Axis CNC/ Laser Machine Stepping Motor Controller that is designed for the DSP Controller? By this, I’m talking about a 4 Axis Controller which supports 1/16 Micro stepping? Such as this one:
http://cgi.ebay.com/CNC-4-axis-bipolar- ... 4cee44e819
Tech_Marco

Re: Need answers regarding your DSP CO2 Laser Engraving/ Cutter

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Ben:

Sorry to reply you late as I just left country to China. I'll discuss more with engineer and get more information for you. Plus, I'll get the front panel for you with english title only.
Just arrived here so it will take me a day or two to get a hold with them. I'll have the front panel shipped to my office in USA and the shipment will take about 5 days. So, pretty much you can receive it on next,next Tuesday or Wednesday (Aprial 4 or 5yh)

By the way, I do have 4th board similiar to the link you sent. But you sure don't want to use that as it's for parallel port connection. Instead, I do received two different batch of single axis board, one is lower cost of TB6560 and another one is high performance PSD-5042-2P. Both of those controller come with conneciton port for the DSP. So you don't need to jump wires for the connection. The PSD5042 already posted on my website. But the TB6560 1-Axis just arrived and I'll post more infomration after settle down here.

Marco
ben549

Post by ben549 »

Thank you very much for getting an English only front panel for me. April 4th or 5th isn’t ideal but it’s acceptable. Will the dimensions of the English only front panel be the same?

I noticed the PSD5042 and it appears to be similar to what I’m using on my CNC. The only problem is that four PSD5042’s would run $260+ shipping. How does the TB6560 1-Axis compare to PSD5042 and what is the price?

I still have a few questions:
When will you have a manual for the board that I was shipped?
One of the IO pins has been removed; what are the functions of the remaining pins (have they been changed?)
Is GPI 2 enable high or enable low?
What is the proper name for the onboard connectors?
What is the function of headers: S1, S2, U9, U19

On a side note:
Do you know where I would be able to purchase a 24”x36” honeycomb table?

Thanks,
Ben
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Ben, I don't think the panel can come on time. You can send back the unit and exchange for one with english manual

Regarding other question, I need to talk to the manufacturer. Some function is not supported that's why they don't explain it on the manual.
ben549

Post by ben549 »

When will the panel come?

The board I received carries the label “PH-BOARD V1.1” which I assume means it’s an updated model. It also appears to have an on board 5v regulator since the 5v in connector has been removed.

When will the single axis version of the TB6560 be for sale?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Single Axis Driver already arrived but I've taken picture for it yet. That's why I haven't posted it on my website. I may take a raw picture and post it here in a day or two. Price is about $37.5 each. Very nice board with decent size heatsink attached.

Panel should arrive in about 10 days (next shipment from China).

Yes, the board is new style and support single power (9V~32V), no 5V need as they add a 5V module. So, it's more convenience to power the board now
ben549

Post by ben549 »

I would definitely like to see a picture when you get the time; some dimensions would be great.

So the panel will arrive April 10th?

Are you sure the power input accepts 9v-32v? The reason I ask is because next to the power input on my board it says: +24v, -24v. I would prefer to power the board with the 12v line from a PC power supply.

Are there any other new features/changes that your aware of?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Here is the dimension (overall):
L * W * D = 95mm * 71mm * 35mm

The new board is running 9~32V (affirmative). The reason it show "24V" because they havne't update the silkscreen.

I would suggest to use a single 24V to power the DSP and the Stepper driver. It seems that 12V is the bottom line for the motor driver and it may take more current than 24V.
Attachments
TB6560-1AXIS.jpg
ben549

Post by ben549 »

I assume those dimensions are in CM and not MM.

I’ve got a PSU with dual 12v-20A rails which I might try out as most of the subsystem electronics are 12v. If it doesn’t work out I’ve got Mean Well 24v and 12v power supplies on hand that I will use.

Have you had any luck finding out what those extra pins are for?

I sent you a PM regarding those stepper motor drivers.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

No luck on the PINs defination. But I do have the english panel on hands (I'm in Hong Kong). Please send me your address and I'll ship you one from here
ben549

Post by ben549 »

I sent you a PM with my address.

Return to “DSP X7”