Circles not round! (SOLVED)

Telrad

Re: Circles not round! (SOLVED)

Post by Telrad »

You should always use shielded cable to connect stepper motors and limit switches especially on long runs when they might be close together. The stepper motors can generate interference with the limit switches that can trigger them falsely. The signal wires that go from the DSP to the stepper drivers should be shielded as well and be kept as far away from the motor wires even if they are shielded.

When shielding wires, all shields should be grounded only on the end closest to the drivers/ DSP and should be tied directly to the same point at a common ground.

These are wiring techniques that should be used on CNC machines as well as lasers or any machine that uses high powered stepper/servo motors.
fnaranjob

Post by fnaranjob »

artofmystate wrote: This post is marked as solved but there is no posted solution.

How did you fix this problem?
I edited the original question, check it, it's there, I thought it would be easier to find there, guess not, it was a servo tuning issue.

Cheers
nephertiti

Post by nephertiti »

fnaranjob wrote:
artofmystate wrote: This post is marked as solved but there is no posted solution.

How did you fix this problem?
I edited the original question, check it, it's there, I thought it would be easier to find there, guess not, it was a servo tuning issue.

Cheers
Hi there.

Looks we are using same servos and I'm getting
same problem. I realy need your help.

Please tell me what did you change on tunning screen. As you know there is so much parameters.

I sent you PM.

Waiting your helps.

Thanks.

Ali
baccus61

Post by baccus61 »

LOL. Don't you just hate it when someone says they fixed the problem but didn't tell anyone. hammer
Oh well. As long as it's working for him.
I wonder what it was? ? ? ? ? ?...
fnaranjob

Post by fnaranjob »

baccus61 wrote:LOL. Don't you just hate it when someone says they fixed the problem but didn't tell anyone. hammer
I did write what was wrong, Y motor tuning, solution was to properly tune it! you can read just that in the first post on this thread LOL, I even helped the guy tune it via teamviewer (he's in Turkey and I'm in Ecuador so I had to help him late at night) he offered some payment for the help (he offered, I didn't ask) and stopped replying as soon as he got the issue solved though, some people are pretty ungrateful.

If you don't know how to tune your servos that's another issue, just say you can't do it and ask for help... just saying.

Cheers
carso2186

Post by carso2186 »

fnaranjob wrote:
baccus61 wrote:LOL. Don't you just hate it when someone says they fixed the problem but didn't tell anyone. hammer
I did write what was wrong, Y motor tuning, solution was to properly tune it! you can read just that in the first post on this thread LOL, I even helped the guy tune it via teamviewer (he's in Turkey and I'm in Ecuador so I had to help him late at night) he offered some payment for the help (he offered, I didn't ask) and stopped replying as soon as he got the issue solved though, some people are pretty ungrateful.

If you don't know how to tune your servos that's another issue, just say you can't do it and ask for help... just saying.

Cheers

Hi, i need some advise on ohw to tune the stepper motor, have the same problem as you used to have,, im In Mexico..
Blasttiod

Post by Blasttiod »

Hi all,
I have this problem also....
So how do I retune my steppers please?

Thanks
fnaranjob

Post by fnaranjob »

Blasttiod wrote:Hi all,
I have this problem also....
So how do I retune my steppers please?

Thanks
Ok, it´s the second time someone asks about this, you probably solved your issue already as some time has gone by, but just for the record, Stepper motors can´t be tuned! (well, some can but that kind of tuning is a completely different thing), this is only a requirement for servo motors, servo motor tuning adjusts the motor's response to the load it´s moving, if this is not done correctly performance is poor and you get issues with motion not being accurate. Steppers are completely different, you might be losing steps which can cause the same type of result, if lost steps are the problem you could run the cut twice, it would not land on the same place, if it does it's not lost steps either which leaves you with either poor mechanics or maybe incorrect settings in laserCad (you could try switching the rising edge / falling edge settings for the motor signals under manufacturer parameters).

Cheers
Fernando
AlfySande

Post by AlfySande »

Hi..in my case One problem I had was tensioning the belt way too tight and breaking the tensioning strands inside the belt which allowed the belt to stretch. The belt was 8mm wide and 2mm pitch. This was totally out of sight and very hard to detect until I noticed the teeth on the belt were getting flattened going over the pulley.

https://www.7pcb.com/

Return to “DSP X7”