3 Axis Board

celicaevo

3 Axis Board

Post by celicaevo »

I am wanting to know if i can use a 3.6V 2A 6 wire unipolar (can be used as bipolar). If so how can I do this?
Tech_Marco

Re: 3 Axis Board

Post by Tech_Marco »

Yes you can. It's currentl limited. Just download the manual as I put down different motor setup for 4wires, 6 wires, and 8 wires motor
celicaevo

Post by celicaevo »

So do i provide 12V to 24V @ ~3A to the board and interally adjust the board to provide 3.6V to the steppers or do I supply 3.6V to the board? If it does not internally adjust do i have to put resistors between the board stepper motor?

Thanks in advance.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

It's current limited, so you really don't need to care about the 3.6V. Just make sure that the motor is running the current the board being set to
celicaevo

Post by celicaevo »

Thanks for the reply!

I should be good. I have three 2A steppers and plan on using a left over PSU for the 12 volt.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Just make sure that your PS (12V~24V) can supply 5A current, 2A per axis and 1A for I don't know, may be a controller card or just spare some 'room' for the PS. Do not use under rated PS as the PS will get very hot if you do so. Make sure to download the manual I posted under the Manual Catagory and follow the Mach3 setting (if you're using Mach3). It took me almost 14 days & night to get it going, from simple driving to PWM ... what a pain as March3 support not really helpfull on that matter!
celicaevo

Post by celicaevo »

I believe my PSU is is actually 10A so i should be more then fine. Greatly appriciate the help. If i have any other ?'s i will post them. Once the machine is done i will drop a note and some images on here. Plus I also plan on posting this on cnczone with a review on the forum if all goes well. Hopefully get you guys some sales!
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Oh, that will be great. FYI, we're ready to launch our 40W laser machine with this 3-axis controller card installed. We have added a couple things to the machine that came out from a big laser company in China. We then take the 'gut' out, replace it's PS with ours 10A PS, replaced water pump,fan to DC12V version, and other feathers are added like the Emergency Stop, Limiting sensor switches, and it's capable to run a joy stick. It runs very fast if you look at my video post on YouTube under "Speedythinker"

Oh! almost forgot to mention that we add a Blue Color digital current indicator with faster sampling (others are slow) to monitor the laser current. It will looks good! I'll post the image here very soon. Cheers! :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ufjuc18KawI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O37o7di7raA
Attachments
MiniBlue100V3.jpg

Return to “DSP X7”