Corel Plugin and Bitmaps

Spleen

Corel Plugin and Bitmaps

Post by Spleen »

I've used many versions of LaserCad and never once successfully sent a bitmap from Corel to Lasercad. It always shows up as an enormous blank thing (hundreds of thousands of mm in size and still invisible even if you scale it down) even though a bmp layer appears in the layer options. Not that layer, or any normal layers are ever visible. It's been like this for many years through many versions of 608/708 and software. I've always worked around it by importing images straight into LaserCad, which always works fine.

However for this project because of how I'm aligning it, I really need the bitmap and vector to both get transmitted correctly from Corel to LaserCAD. Has anyone ever successfully done this? Is there some workaround I should know? Like some way of dithering/formatting the bmp in corel first before sending it? Nothing I've tried ever works.

Thanks
Tech_Marco

Re: Corel Plugin and Bitmaps

Post by Tech_Marco »

I tried it and it worked. But the image quality is not good at all. The pixel seems very big and I don't think it is a good idea to use it for real object image. Clip art may be ok but not for detail image by going this route; transferring through CorelDraw to LaserCad in direct. I did try the same same images on T9 software and it worked much better. You may download the LaserSoft to give it a try. Remember one thing though, you need to click twice on the button in CorelDraw (assuming you installed the addon module to Coreldraw from the LaserSoft) or the raster image will not transfer to the LaserSoft. That said, One click on the button will transfer all vector images to the LaserSoft. The second click will transfer the raster image. I think it is a bug.

Marco
Spleen

Post by Spleen »

Lasersoft works with LOX7?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Unfortunately Lasersoft isn't compatible to the LaserCad

Marco
Spleen

Post by Spleen »

I'll order a T9 and see if that solves my other problems, too. Finally being able to use the rotary sounds great.
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Not only that, it now support "re-cut'" should the first cut didn't cut through all area from the drawing. The Re-cut allow one to cut any area you want. Good tools!

And engraving on real object like himan face, the T9 so far is the best when compared to Ruida and X7

Marco

Return to “DSP X7”