What's new?: LaserCad V7.92.12 and LO-X7 Controller firmware

Mike Teachman

What's new?: LaserCad V7.92.12 and LO-X7 Controller firmware

Post by Mike Teachman »

Hi Marco,

I noticed you posted new releases of LaserCAD (V7.92.12) and Lo-X7 firmware. I'm asking myself... should I upgrade?

Do you have any visibility to the bug fixes and feature additions that come with these new releases?

LaserCAD V7.92.12
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=3560

LO-X7 controller firmware
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2955

thanks!
Tech_Marco

Re: What's new?: LaserCad V7.92.12 and LO-X7 Controller firmware

Post by Tech_Marco »

Sorry I don't. One thing I hate to deal with Li is that he never gave me an update of what he done one the upgrade!
I'm going to carry another controller board from another card maker who is very aggressive to gain market and want to be our alliance. They will provide detail of upgrade and will work closer with me for new development.

Marco
Mike Teachman

Post by Mike Teachman »

thanks Marco. Maybe I'll check out the LaserCAD software update first to see if any new and useful features have been added. We're not having any real problems with the X7 controller so I'll likely skip the firmware upgrade.

Yeah - that is frustrating to have no information on the changes.
OzAdr1an

Post by OzAdr1an »

I noticed Marco on the new card announcement - you said that 'engraving is improved' (or words to that effect).

Can you provide any further info ? Is there incentive to current LO-X7 owners to consider upgrading to the T9 ?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

I am setting up a bigger machine to make some samples because most our mid size and big size machine sold out. A new shipment just arrived and we're setting all those up. Once completed, i will post it here

I can't do any lower the price. For $295 for the main system or add $25 more for the wireless module for phone/tablet, I see no point to drop any lower. If you guys don't allow me to make $60 profit, I rather not to sell it. Remember there is so much support we need to provide. We can't survive from the market without a little profit to keep our operation running.

See how much a 40W FSL is selling or how much are they selling for a Reci 80W. It is almost 3 times more expensive than we are. I may not carry X7 because there are so many seller selling it on eBay. All my support resources being shared on this forum or in other ways. Many guys got our tech support and then bought elsewhere, why? Cheaper to buy from there. That's why I refused to give support for the DSP if not buying from us!

Marco
OzAdr1an

Post by OzAdr1an »

Oh Marco, I'm not worried about the price! :) I was asking in terms of features/capabilities.. is there a point to upgrading from a LO-X7 for example or are they much the same ? I was just curious about what the improved capabilities in engraving are !

Trust me, no problem from me on you making a profit - you are a business after all! :)

Return to “DSP X7”