DSP working fine, no changes and now beyond size error.

chad6258

DSP working fine, no changes and now beyond size error.

Post by chad6258 »

I have been engraving using the rotary. i made all the necessary adjustments to the um and steps, and had it working nicely. I imported bmp and got the "beyond size" error. After trying correct any sizing issues with the image, by ony scaling it, I had no luck. I reverted back to my previous engraving that had been working, thinking it was a problem with the imported file and i get the same error with everything I do. I read the FAQ and that has not helped. Has anyone had this problem or have any ideas? Thank you
chad6258

Re: DSP working fine, no changes and now beyond size error.

Post by chad6258 »

Ok, i guess it was just my inexperience, but the origin point needed to be moved off of the margin. I'm not sure what initially caused the beyond size error, but in trying to correct any issues I could think of I had moved the origin point from near center to to the top left 0 point and continued to get the same error. After changing changing every parameter and adjusting the um scale, speed, and everything in between for several hours, i finally moved the the origin point over 10mm and that worked. I thought my system was set to burn at the x,y on the software, so wherever the part was on screen is where the head would go. thuis is why it was over looked for so long, and the fact that it was in the center prior and running fine. Thanks for the help
jdcinPittsburg

Re: DSP working fine, no changes and now beyond size error.

Post by jdcinPittsburg »

This helped me. When I moved the origin away from where the limit switches were a few mm, I stopped getting the error, but it doesn't answer why.

Return to “DSP X7”