Beam Combiner Lens Orientation (LED RED DOT))

bobbanger1

Beam Combiner Lens Orientation (LED RED DOT))

Post by bobbanger1 »

I've purchased the LED laser pointer/Beam combiner from LightObject. The lens is very expensive and I don't want to destroy it. Does anyone know the correct orientation for mounting this lens?

Looking at my reflection in good light, my skin color is normal from one side of the lens. When I flip it over, my reflection is a blueish-green tint.

So each side is different. Which side should face the CO2 laser?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (a lot of work for a little red dot!!)

Thanks.

BTW: This is the blue anodized aluminum model. The mechanical for this can barely fit into a K40 chassis if you place it in the Top-Left corner and mount it against the left side of the cabinet. You need to punch a precision hole in the cabinet side for the base of the pointer to mount on (on the outside of the cabinet). You also need to file about a 1/4" notch out of the pointers lower right hand corner (near the lens mount) so the laser carriage clears it when homing. I guess that voids the warranty but I could not fit it any other way.
Tech_Marco

Re: Beam Combiner Lens Orientation (LED RED DOT))

Post by Tech_Marco »

Hello Bob:

Sorry my late reply. Actually, you can place the lens in either way. The difference is less than 1%. Sometimes they may put an arrow pointer on the side of the lens if the difference of power is more than 2 or 3% - more optimal consideration. When we tried it with our digital power meter, we couldn't find much difference between each side of lens being faced to the laser tube.

Marco
jeckardt

Post by jeckardt »

The combiner I just got from you has a black dot at the edge on one side. Optimally, is that the "point of the arrow" side? [My previous combiner that I got from you had an arrow on the edge, which was very unambiguous. I'm guessing with the dot.]

Thanks,
Joe
thejuggernaut

Post by thejuggernaut »

My old lens had an arrow, and the new one just has a dot on one side.....Which side faces towards the laser pointer, and which side faces towards the laser tube. I know it may only be a few % difference, but why give it up for nothing...Thanks

Return to “DSP X7”