No files in memory!

Spleen

No files in memory!

Post by Spleen »

I have two LO-X7 lasers and both of them have always had this same issue : not being able to see what documents/jobs are on them from within LaserCAD. Before sending a job, I remember a time long ago when I could hit "Refresh" and see what documents were on the laser, and more importantly, delete them.

Some jobs I repeat often and need to keep on there, others are just tests or one-offs that I need to delete. It is somewhat of a hassle having to go through the menu every now and then dozens of times on BOTH lasers to delete unwanted jobs. Every time I update lasercad or firmware I hope this gets fixed, but now I am starting to think maybe it is a config problem? Or a complication with having two lasers on the same subnet? (are they both answering the request or something??)

I can't format them both because there are dozens (possibly over a hundred now) of files on there that I don't want to lose, because replacing them would entail correctly setting and testing all the cut properties again for various materials. I really need to manage these from the computer.

Anyway, I would like some input from anyone else who has noticed this and worked around it.
Tech_Marco

Re: No files in memory!

Post by Tech_Marco »

Read your post and already make a note to the programmer. Hopefully he can fix it quick.

Thx
Marco
Spleen

Re: No files in memory!

Post by Spleen »

Is there a maximum amount of files the 708 controller will hold maybe? One laser is up to around 200, the other about 120.

Return to “DSP X7”