Water Protect broken in LaserCad for LO-X7?

Spleen

Re: Water Protect broken in LaserCad for LO-X7?

Post by Spleen »

So I have now messed around with the new menu quite a bit. I believe this only switches "open" and "closed" normal states. This does not enable the water protect feature on the board. It makes it so you can use normally open, or normally closed sensors correctly. No amount of tripping my sensor and trying open/closed/high/low would make the water protect engage.

I also wired it to open protect, since that check mark actually stays on, but it also would not prevent the laser from firing although it seems to pause a job that has already started if I trip the sensor. Unfortunately, when I resume the job, the x/y is off and the motors grind around their limits, so it is almost useless and possibly dangerous using the open protect circuit.

For someone that has gotten this to work, I would like to know what options you have set.

(I just yesterday switched to the correct water sensor and I can hear it click on and off correctly with the flow)

Aaron
jeckardt

Post by jeckardt »

It is working for me. When i turn off the pump the laser now stops with "water protection" displayed on the screen.
Spleen

Post by Spleen »

Can I ask what spots you hooked the two flow sensor wires to? WP on LASER1 and GND doesn't work for me. Am I supposed to use a different ground? I know the sensor itself works because I hear it clicking on and off with the pump.

Really need to get this figured out soon, I thought I burned my tube out today for sure.
jeckardt

Post by jeckardt »

I connected the pressure sensor from laser1.protect to laser1.gnd, and set laser->water protect to "open". I had previously attempted to enable "water protect" from lasercad, which upon read-back showed as still not set, but it's possible that doing this is a necessary step to enabling the protection -- I honestly don't know about that.

Joe

Return to “DSP X7”