Rubber Stamp Engraving Settings

andyseubert

Rubber Stamp Engraving Settings

Post by andyseubert »

Hi,
I am new to the lasercad software and I am wondering if anyone can tell me what good settings are for engraving rubber stamps?

I have currently tried .bmp and .jpb image files - both with set to engrave at 20mm/s and 98% power.
the engraving works but I would like to make ramps or supporting edges around the remaining stamp parts.
I have tried the "grade engrave" setting at
grade Length(mm):0.75
MinPower1(%):75

but with or without the "grade engrave" the results were the same.

Is there a stamp "mode" ?
I suppose I could redo the art in vectors and attempt to design vectors to be cut or engraved at a lower setting but that seems like a lot of effort!

Thanks for any advice.
andyseubert

Re: Rubber Stamp Engraving Settings

Post by andyseubert »

I still have no idea what the grade engrave does, but I was able to produce some fairly nice stamps.

Here are how they stamp

and
andyseubert

Post by andyseubert »

Having re-read some older posts from Marco, I tried today to make a 'return address' stamp .
Being all text, I thought it a good opportunity to try "grade engrave" again

Unfortunately even with the job being nothing but text, grade engrave setting has absolutely no noticeable effect.

I tried both creating the job in coreldraw then exporting to lasercad and also creating the job entirely within lasercad.
Neither technique produced a very good return address stamp. The letters are too narrow and they bend over when stamped producing a blurry line rather than a crisp one.
Attachments
ReturnAddress.pwj5
(131.24 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Axeman

Post by Axeman »

That's frustrating...I hope the 'grade' portion gets fixed eventually. I'd love to be able to make stamps...
andyseubert

Post by andyseubert »

yes. me too. The ability to make rubber stamps was a key point in convincing my wife that this was a "good idea"

However, as in my above posts, it is still possible to make a relatively successful stamp as long as you consider the widths of the lines and plan for adding enough thickness to support them.

I will try to take some time to figure out if there is a way to easily use coreldraw to create ramps but I would ask Marko to please encourage his programmer to make this a priority because it would definitely help sell the DSP board. I know for sure all of the major suppliers of laser cutters provide a rubber stamp mode.

Return to “DSP X7”