Settings not saving

hannans

Settings not saving

Post by hannans »

Hi, hoping someone can help with this. We have Lightobject installed on two windows 10 computers. For whatever reason, the program will not save settings on one of them. It doesn't give an error or anything. Whenever we close the program and reopen it, the settings have reverted to the original install settings. Also, we had to delete the other languages in the language folder, because that kept wanting to revert back to chinese. I feel like this may be a windows 10 issue, but hoping someone may have some across a fix for this at some point.

Thank you for any help. It is much appreciated.
Tech_Marco

Re: Settings not saving

Post by Tech_Marco »

Win10 is very picky and sometimes it deletes files without letting you know about it.
Turn off anti-virus program and reinstall the software again. That may help

Marco
hannans

Post by hannans »

Marco,
I tried reinstalled the the program with the anti-virus turned off, same thing is happening, the first time you open the software it is in english and you set the table size then close the program and reopen it is in chinese and the table size reverts back to the default size, we also tried installing it in safe mode same issue..
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Under the LightObject7.22.23 folder, you should see a folder named "Language"
Under the Language folder, there are 7 text files that used to name the menu and button. If you don't see it, then those files were 'eaten' by the Win10 security guard. :lol:

Also, give this a try: Right click the shortcut of the LightObject icon > Properties> Compatibility > Check "Run this program as an administrator"
hannans

Post by hannans »

Hi Marco,
The 7 text files are there and we tried running as administrator no luck, also when you load it up after a reinstall and change the table size to 609. x 304 mm and send the file to the laser it is only sending the default table size 800 x 600 mm not the new one ? it my be time to reinstall windows?
Tech_Marco

Post by Tech_Marco »

Make sure the controller card and the PC is communicated before it can save info. To check if it is linked, click an arrow on the software see if you can move the gantry. If you can control the movement from your PC, the communication is established. Otherwise, it is not and you won't be able to change parameters.
hannans

Post by hannans »

Yes the PC is communicating with the laser, it has to be a Windows 10 problem! the software and laser work just fine on the other computer in the room where I rebuilt the laser, the problem started when I moved it to the production room and tried to run the software on the Windows 10 computer in that room, is there another program that will work for the T9 ?
hannans

Post by hannans »

I had time this week to format and reinstall Windows 10, now all is working great, we are very happy with the upgrade
Thanks for the help
Ken

Return to “Tips and new on the DSP & Software”